I usually do all of the cookie baking in our house. Not because Josh never offers to bake cookies, but I usually don’t let him:) The controlling side of me comes out when cookies are involved. If he starts to bake cookies, I usually run into the kitchen and take over. I can’t help myself. I LOVE baking cookies. Josh never gets upset, he just hangouts in the kitchen with me and eats my cookie dough. I try to smack his hands out of the bowl, but he is sneaky! He always manages to eat a few big fingerfuls of cookie dough.
Josh loves cookie dough and I love cookies. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies are the best of both worlds. Two homemade chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough. Genius! We both get our cookie fix with these delectable sandwich cookies.
This recipe comes from Lindsay Landis’s new book, The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook. Cookie dough fans-you need this book in your life. Trust me, it’s a winner!
The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook is filled with with recipes using eggless raw cookie dough in candy, cakes, pies, brownies, ice cream and more. Lindsay is a cookie dough genius! There are so many unique and creative recipes in the book. I can’t wait to try them all!
So back to the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies-they are awesome! Cookie and cookie dough lovers will both be happy with these sandwich cookies. We served them at a party and they were a huge hit! Adults and kids were all raving about the cookie sandwiches.
Experience a little chocolate chip cookie heaven and make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches
- For Cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- For Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until no lumps remain, 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure all of the ingredients are incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until smooth. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll chilled dough into smooth, tablespoon-size balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten balls slightly into 3/4-inch disks. Place disks about 2 inches apart on parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cookie edges are slightly golden brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 3. To prepare the cookie dough filling, beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in flour, powdered sugar, and salt on low speed until incorporated. Slowly add heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- 4. To assemble, sandwich 1 heaping tablespoon of filling between two cookies. Press cookies lightly until filling spreads to the edges. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Note: Sandwiches can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
It’s almost a tie but raw cookie dough wins by a few! Can’t wait to try this one!
Cookie Dough all the way!
This is a hard one!! Chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite but of course I have to eat some of the cookie dough first!! I love them both!! So what wouldn’t be better than a chocolate chip cookie with the cookie dough!! Oh that would be heaven!!
I loved them baked, but my husband of almost 40 years in the cookie dough thief! He loves the dough…chilled!
I prefer cookie dough. BUT cookies fresh from the oven are also to-die-for! Ok, evne 3-day-old cookies make me happy 🙂
100% cookie dough! Unless we are talking about cookies just out of the oven…then its a toss up!
Raw cookie dough inside 2 cookies? That just seems wrong. I like raw cookie dough. I like cookies. But the two together is just….disgusting. LOL
Baked and warm from the oven…although, I can’t help but sample the dough while baking them!
if you are into cookie dough, you have to try edoughble cookie dough!!!! You can use this to frost baked goods, add to ice cream or shakes, or eat right out of the container!! This stuff is indulgent! Let me know what you think!
I like to eat cookie, but this seems to be a lot more difficult recipe.
Just made them! Next time have to double the icing recipe there was not enough for all the cookies…. a little disappointed bout that
Oh man, these are SO SO SO delicious. Made them tonight and wanted to finish them off myself. Thanks for the recipe. Good job on your blog.
Dough was great! Cookies do not turn out… DO NOT TRY THIS RECIPE
These are great!
Love these but wondering if the flour in the icing is safe as is? Isn’t flour raw? I have seen other recipes say to heat the flour first. Would that be the case here too? (Especially wondering since I used to be a health inspector and I’m currently pregnant so being extra cautious. )
I made these cookies and they were so good I took them to the farmers market along with my other stuff and sold them! turned out great. Now I am going to offer and change up the filling.
See More Comments