I usually do all of the cookie baking in our house. Not because Josh never offers to bake cookies, but I usually don’t let him:) The controlling side of me comes out when cookies are involved. If he starts to bake cookies, I usually run into the kitchen and take over. I can’t help myself. I LOVE baking cookies. Josh never gets upset, he just hangouts in the kitchen with me and eats my cookie dough. I try to smack his hands out of the bowl, but he is sneaky! He always manages to eat a few big fingerfuls of cookie dough.
Josh loves cookie dough and I love cookies. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies are the best of both worlds. Two homemade chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough. Genius! We both get our cookie fix with these delectable sandwich cookies.
The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook is filled with with recipes using eggless raw cookie dough in candy, cakes, pies, brownies, ice cream and more. Lindsay is a cookie dough genius! There are so many unique and creative recipes in the book. I can’t wait to try them all!
So back to the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies-they are awesome! Cookie and cookie dough lovers will both be happy with these sandwich cookies. We served them at a party and they were a huge hit! Adults and kids were all raving about the cookie sandwiches.
Experience a little chocolate chip cookie heaven and make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches
Two chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with eggless chocolate chip cookie dough. Cookie and cookie dough lovers will go crazy for these sandwich cookies.
- For Cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- For Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until no lumps remain, 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure all of the ingredients are incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until smooth. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll chilled dough into smooth, tablespoon-size balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten balls slightly into 3/4-inch disks. Place disks about 2 inches apart on parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cookie edges are slightly golden brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
3. To prepare the cookie dough filling, beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in flour, powdered sugar, and salt on low speed until incorporated. Slowly add heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4. To assemble, sandwich 1 heaping tablespoon of filling between two cookies. Press cookies lightly until filling spreads to the edges. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Note: Sandwiches can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.