Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Cookies-chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate ganache and sprinkled with candy cane pieces. The perfect holiday cookie!
Give me a chocolate cookie and I will be a happy camper. Give me a chocolate cookie dipped in chocolate ganache and I will kick up my heels. Give me a chocolate cookie dipped in chocolate ganache with candy cane pieces, I will turn on the Christmas tunes, do a little dance, and smile for days. These Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Cookies are the ULTIMATE holiday cookie!
I love chocolate and mint together any time of the year, but especially during the holiday months. These cookies are perfect for all of your holiday parties, cookie exchanges, and cookie cravings. You really don’t need a special event to make these cookies, but if you want to share them, your friends and family will thank you!
The chocolate cookies are rich, fudgy, and dotted with chocolate chunks. Like I said, they are good on their own, but after they take a dunk in the silky chocolate ganache, they are heavenly!
I sprinkle the cookies with crushed candy canes to add a touch of holiday cheer! Plus, Caleb loves helping with the candy cane part. He is a good little crusher and sprinkler…and eater too:)
Add these Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Cookies to your holiday baking list! They are sure to make your holidays sweeter!
Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
For the Ganache:
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the ganache. Add the chocolate to a large bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat just until it bubbles around the edges. Remove the cream from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Let the mixture stand for 30-45 seconds, then stir until the chocolate melts and a smooth ganache comes together, about 1-2 minutes.
- Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper or wax paper. Dip the cookies, halfway, into the warm ganache. Place the dipped cookies on paper. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Let cookies sit until ganache hardens, about 2 hours. To speed up the process, you can place the cookies in the refrigerator to chill.
- Note-store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!