I recently won a chocolate giveaway from Cake… or Death? I was SO excited when the mail arrived on Friday. My chocolate dreams came true! Liz sent me several bars of E. Guitard chocolate. The big bars are going to be great for baking and the mini bars are so cute…perfect for sampling!! Thanks Liz for the fabulous giveaway!! We love your blog!!
I have the greatest husband…I really do! I won’t go into my long list of reasons why he is so great, but I will tell you that he baked me a fabulous surprise! He used some of Liz’s chocolate and made me Chocolate Toffee Brownie Bites from The Good Cookie, by Tish Boyle.
Josh knows brownies and toffee are my favorite so he found a treat that was doubly delicious! The brownies were chewy, moist, and had a hint of almond…which I loved! The brownies were smothered in chocolate ganache and sprinkled with toffee. They were the perfect bite size brownie. Thanks Joshua for spoiling me!!
Chocolate Toffee Brownie Bites
Adapted from The Good Cookie, by Tish Boyle
1 stick of unsalted butter, cut into Tablespoons 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup AP flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
For the Brownies:
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin and dust with flour.
2. In the top of a double broiler over simmering water, combine the butter and chocolate and heat, stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and cool until tepid.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
4. Stir the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir.
5. Spoon batter into mini muffin tins. Fill them two-thirds full. Bake 14-16 minutes, until set but still soft in the center. Let them cool on a rack for ten minutes in the pan. Invert the brownies onto the rack and cool completely.
For the Glaze:
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup plus 1 T of heavy cream
1 T light corn syrup
1/3 cup Heath Bits
6. In the top of a double broiler over simmering water, combine the chocolate, cream, and corn syrup and heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in toffee bits.
7. Place the rack with the brownies on it on a baking sheet. Arrange the brownie bites, still inverted, so that they are 1/4 of an inch apart. Pour the glaze over the bites, covering tops and sides. Smooth the glaze with a metal spatula. Sprinkle extra toffee bits on top! Chill for ten minutes or until set. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store extras in the fridge.