We decided to stay home for the holidays this year. We will miss our family and friends, but it is kind of nice not having to travel. This week should be nice and relaxing for us. I still can’t believe Christmas is on Friday. I am ready though, bring on Santa:)
I am pretty sugared out from all of my baking this month, but if you are still going strong and have room for one more treat-make chocolate truffles. They might sound elaborate and hard to make, but they are super easy and everyone loves them. You can’t really go wrong with chocolate and cream:)
I rolled the truffles in toasted coconut, cocoa powder, and chopped up toffee. I highly suggest you use a top quality chocolate. I used Scharffen Berger 70% bittersweet dark chocolate. The quality of ingredients you use will determine how good the truffles are, so make sure you splurge and buy the best.
Chocolate truffles are very decadent-perfect for gift giving or any holiday party.
- 8 ounces good chocolate chopped into small pieces- (I used 70% Bittersweet Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut
- Cocoa powder
- Toffee chopped into small pieces
- 1. In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream until it simmers. Do this over medium heat so you don't burn the cream.
- 2. Put the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. When the cream is hot, pour it over the chocolate. Add the vanilla. Let the cream melt the chocolate for a few minutes and then stir until smooth. It will be messy at first, but don't worry-it will turn silky smooth.
- 3. Cool the chocolate for at least 2 hours. After the chocolate has cooled, roll the chocolate into small balls. If the chocolate is too cold, let it sit on the counter until you can roll it into small balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When all of the chocolate truffles are rolled into balls, put them back in the fridge-for a couple hours or overnight.
- 4. Prepare the toppings you wish to use and roll the truffles in the toppings. I used toasted coconut, cocoa powder, and chopped up toffee. Serve or keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these truffles, you might also like: