Chorizo Bacon Breakfast Burrito – this breakfast burrito is filled with chorizo, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and cheese! A great way to start the day and they freeze beautifully too!
Bacon Chorizo Breakfast Burrito
Bacon Chorizo Breakfast Burritos. Yep, this recipe has Josh’s name written all over it! Josh loves a breakfast burrito and this combo is his all-time favorite. This breakfast burrito is loaded with chorizo, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and cheese. Josh doesn’t mess around, when he makes breakfast, he makes breakfast! This breakfast burrito is the real deal!
Mexican Restaurant-Inspired Breakfast Burrito
There is a small Mexican restaurant close to our house that Josh loves. I’ve never tried it because it is too greasy for my taste, but Josh loves it. He is always begging to eat there, but I always try to convince him to eat elsewhere…like at home!
That is why he made these chorizo breakfast burritos! He was craving a breakfast burrito from his favorite Mexican restaurant, but I wanted to make breakfast at home, so he took breakfast into his own hands and made Chorizo Bacon Breakfast Burritos.
A Loaded Breakfast Burrito that Freezes Well
He filled Old El Paso’s flour tortillas with spicy chorizo, bacon, potatoes, eggs, and cheese. He was going to stop there, but I suggested adding fresh pico de gallo and avocado to top off his breakfast burrito. I am always trying to sneak fruits and veggies into his diet:) He loved my suggestion. We make a great team:)
The breakfast burrito cured his craving and the best part? He had leftovers to put in the freezer. These chorizo breakfast burritos froze beautifully. Now, he can enjoy a breakfast burrito at home with no work. All he has to do is heat the burrito up!
Josh is going to have to fight Caleb for the leftovers though. Caleb downed a whole burrito. I was shocked. I thought it would be too spicy for him, but nope, he takes after his daddy! My boys love their chorizo burrito!
Chorizo Bacon Breakfast Burritos
- 1 lb. bulk chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz. frozen diced hash-brown potatoes with onions and peppers
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese
- 8 8-inch Old El Paso flour tortillas, heated
- Pico de gallo chopped avocado, and/or hot sauce, for serving, if desired
- 1. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 2. Wash the skillet to cook the potatoes. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until tender and slightly cripsy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove potatoes from skillet and set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, cook the eggs. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add the beaten eggs. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 4. To assemble the burritos, sprinkle shredded cheese down the center of each warm flour tortilla. Next, spoon about ¼ cup of sausage over the cheese. Top with about ¼ cup of potatoes, egg, and 1 strip of chopped bacon. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over filling; roll up. If desired, serve with pico de gallo, avocado, and hot sauce. Serve warm.
- Note-these burritos are freezer friendly! Wrap each burrito in foil and place in a Ziploc freezer bag. When ready to eat, unwrap frozen burrito from foil. Place Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 3 minutes, depending on microwave power.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.