Coconut Brownies-rich, fudgy brownies made with coconut oil and topped with shredded coconut! The coconut and chocolate combo is divine!
We leave for Hawaii this week and I am already in a tropical state of mind. The problem is my to do list is still a mile long. I have a lot to do before we get on that airplane! To help motivate me, I made Coconut Brownies. I figured the coconut in the brownies would remind me of Hawaii and help me check some things off my to do list. I have eaten three brownies and they make think of Hawaii, but they don’t motivate me to get off the couch and tackle my to do list. Oops! At least I have delicious brownies to eat while I procrastinate:)
I am a huge coconut fan. I love it in just about everything. I also love brownies. They are one of my all-time favorite desserts. I know they aren’t fancy, but I don’t need fancy. I just need a rich, fudgy brownie and I am all smiles.
I decided to combine my two loves and make Coconut Brownies! I used coconut oil in the brownie batter and topped the brownies with shredded coconut.
The brownies are super rich and fudgy, just the way I like them, and the coconut addition makes the brownies extra special. The coconut on top gets slightly toasted in the oven and creates a delightful top to the chocolaty brownies. I think I have a new favorite brownie recipe.
I have already eaten three Coconut Brownies and I see a few more in my near future. I am still hoping that they will motivate me to get ready for our Hawaii trip. I have Hawaii on the brain, but in my mind I am already relaxing on the beach. I better wake up and do laundry and pack my suitcase so I can get there. A few more brownies should do the trick! 🙂
I wish you could all come with us to Hawaii, but since you can’t, enjoy a Coconut Brownie. They will take you to your own little dessert paradise!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut flakes divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil with sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add in the eggs and stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 cup of coconut.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Top batter with remaining coconut.
- Bake the brownies for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack before cutting and serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod