Coconut Raspberry Bread-this easy coconut quick bread is dotted with fresh raspberries and drizzled with a sweet glaze! Serve for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
It’s been a busy summer and I have been neglecting our local farmers market. Sad, I know. I used to go every Saturday, but this summer has been difficult with the boys. We are usually busy with other things on the weekends and getting the boys ready and loaded in the van is an event. Plus, it is hard to push the double stroller through the crowds. So, I’ve been a farmers market slacker. I am hanging my head in shame.
Well, last Saturday I made it to the market and I am so glad I did. I came home with bags of fresh vegetables and fruit. I hit the jackpot! I bought a few baskets of beautiful raspberries and I couldn’t wait to use them in a special recipe. I made a loaf of Coconut Raspberry Bread and it didn’t last long!
Coconut and raspberry is one of my favorite combos, especially during the summertime. I knew the two would come together to create an amazing loaf of sweet bread!
I used Almond Breeze’s Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original Unsweetened to make my bread. It has the perfect hint of coconut and made my bread super moist. I also added coconut oil, coconut extract, sweetened flaked coconut, and my fresh market raspberries!
I drizzled a sweet coconut glaze over the top, which makes the bread more like cake, but I am calling it bread so I don’t feel guilty about the two pieces I ate for breakfast:)
The bread has a nice coconut flavor with bursting raspberries inside! The glaze really is the icing on the cake…I mean bread:)
Hit up your local farmers market for some raspberries and make this Coconut Raspberry Bread. It is the perfect summertime treat!
Coconut Raspberry Bread
For the bread:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original Unsweetened
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For the coconut glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original Unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Gently stir in the coconut and raspberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the coconut glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, and coconut extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Cut the bread into slices and serve.
- Note-if you can't find fresh raspberries, you can use frozen berries.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, but our opinions are our own.