Cranberry Orange Muffins-these sweet and tender muffins are bursting with fresh cranberries. They are the perfect muffins for the holiday season.
I have been baking cookies all month long and the boys have been great little taste testers. I got the butter out the other day and Caleb said, “Are you baking MORE cookies?” He caught me red handed:) I was going to bake another batch of cookies, but Caleb asked if we could make muffins instead. He loves muffins! I loved the idea so we switched things up and made Cranberry Orange Muffins.
I love fresh cranberries because they are so pretty and festive! They were the perfect burst of holiday for our muffins!
The muffins are sweet, tender, and dotted with red, tart cranberries. They have a hint of orange and a sugary, sparkly top!
We loved biting into the muffins and getting a big POP of cranberry! In between bites, the boys would shout POP and giggle. They loved the festive muffins.
If you are looking for an easy holiday recipe to share with friends and family, make our Cranberry Orange Muffins. They are perfect for Christmas morning or anytime of the day!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh cranberries fresh or frozen
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In another small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub the sugar and orange zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
- 4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, orange juice, and milk. Mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Carefully stir in the cranberries.
- 5. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with sugar. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Note-muffins will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days. You can freeze the muffins for up to 1 month.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod