Cranberry Orange Muffins
Cranberry Orange Muffins-these sweet and tender muffins are bursting with fresh cranberries. They are the perfect muffins for the holiday season.
I have been baking cookies all month long and the boys have been great little taste testers. I got the butter out the other day and Caleb said, “Are you baking MORE cookies?” He caught me red handed:) I was going to bake another batch of cookies, but Caleb asked if we could make muffins instead. He loves muffins! I loved the idea so we switched things up and made Cranberry Orange Muffins.
I love fresh cranberries because they are so pretty and festive! They were the perfect burst of holiday for our muffins!
The muffins are sweet, tender, and dotted with red, tart cranberries. They have a hint of orange and a sugary, sparkly top!
We loved biting into the muffins and getting a big POP of cranberry! In between bites, the boys would shout POP and giggle. They loved the festive muffins.
If you are looking for an easy holiday recipe to share with friends and family, make our Cranberry Orange Muffins. They are perfect for Christmas morning or anytime of the day!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
These easy cranberry orange muffins are the perfect breakfast treat for the holiday season.
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23-25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1 large orange
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
1 cup fresh cranberries, fresh or frozen
Coarse sugar, for sprinkling on top of muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub the sugar and orange zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, orange juice, and milk. Mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Carefully stir in the cranberries.
5. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with sugar. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Note-muffins will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days. You can freeze the muffins for up to 1 month.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!