Cucumber Canapés with Whipped Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Basil-a simple appetizer that is perfect for any holiday party!
The holidays are here and that means it is party time! If you are hosting a holiday party or attending one and need to take a dish to share, we have the perfect recipe for you today-Cucumber Canapés with Whipped Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Basil.
I love these Cucumber Canapés because they are easy to make and so festive! You can’t go wrong with green and red during the holidays!
To make the whipped feta, I used my KitchenAid Pro Line 16-Cup Food Processor. I added feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. With the food processor running, I slowly added olive oil.
The end result? Creamy and dreamy whipped feta!
The KitchenAid Pro Line 16-Cup Food Processor also dices and slices. That’s right, you can use the food processor to slice the cucumbers too!
I topped each cucumber slice with whipped feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. I like to use DeLallo’s Semi-Dried Cherry Tomatoes. They are SO good, better than candy, and they add the perfect pop of red!
Celebrate the holidays with Cucumber Canapés with Whipped Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Basil. They are a great addition to any holiday menu. And if you aren’t planning on having a party, don’t worry, you can always have a party for one! I could snack on these Cucumber Canapés all day long!
Cucumber Canapés with Whipped Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Basil
For the Whipped Feta:
- 6 ounces good feta crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the Cucumbers:
- 2 large cucumbers sliced
- Sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- First, make the whipped feta. Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and turn on the food processor. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream through the tube. Turn off the food processor.
- Place a dollop of whipped feta in the center of each cucumber slice. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with our friends at KitchenAid, but our opinions are our own.