Dill Pickle Wrap Grilled Cheese
Dill Pickle Wrap Grilled Cheese-if you love the classic dill pickle wraps, you will LOVE this grilled cheese!
Dill pickle wraps, have you had them? Take a dill pickle, spread it with cream cheese, and wrap ham around the outside. Cut into slices and eat! I remember dill pickle wraps being at just about every party when I was growing up. I personally think the combo is a little odd, but people love these little wraps! They were always a hit!
Josh loves dill pickle wraps and will occasionally make them at home. I never let him take them to a party:) Well, the other day we were brainstorming grilled cheese ideas for National Grilled Cheese Day, which is today, and he said he had the BEST grilled cheese idea EVER! He said we HAD to make a Dill Pickle Wrap Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
At first, I was like no, that sounds too weird, but Josh was persistent and I finally gave in. He promised the sandwich would be amazing so I got out of the way and Josh got to work!
Have you tried Arla cream cheese? It is new and it is fantastic. The original cream cheese only has four simple ingredients: cream, milk, cheese culture, and salt. It is so creamy and delicious! Josh spread the cream cheese on insides of the bread slices and then layered Arla Fontina cheese slices, ham, and dill pickle sandwich slices. We love using Arla cheese slices because they are super convenient and come in handy for making grilled cheese sandwiches.
Josh grilled the sandwiches until golden brown and until the cheese was nice and gooey!
He cut the sandwiches in half and served with potato chips. Our boys were in lunch heaven! Josh said the grilled cheese was even better than he imagined! And our boys gave the sandwiches two thumbs up too! They’ve never had a dill pickle wrap, but they sure loved the grilled cheese!
Look at that cheese pull! SWOON! Fontina cheese is a semi-soft cheese and super melty, making it possible to get the most impressive cheese pull ever!
If you like dill pickle wraps, you will love this Dill Pickle Wrap Grilled Cheese and if you’ve never had a dill pickle wrap, you should still make this grilled cheese. You will love it!
Hats off to Josh for creating this unbelievable grilled cheese. He said he is a grilled cheese genius and I have to agree. Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day and make this grilled cheese sandwich TODAY!
Dill Pickle Wrap Grilled Cheese
If you like the classic dill pickle wraps, you will love this grilled cheese sandwich!
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread or sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons Arla® Original Cream Cheese
- 4 slices Arla® Fontina Cheese (or 4 ounces, grated)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 4 kosher dill pickle sandwich slices
- Spread the outsides of the bread with butter. Spread the insides of the bread slices evenly with cream cheese. Put a slice of Fontina on the bottom piece of bread on top of the cream cheese, add the ham, and top with dill pickle slices and another slice of Fontina. Place the other piece of bread on top, creating a sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-low heat and place the sandwiches butter side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Note-for gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is in partnership with Arla, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.