Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt-these cookies are loaded with chocolate, chopped hazelnuts, and sprinkled with sea salt. Chocolate lovers will go crazy for these cookies!
Last week I put Caleb down for his nap and I was going to do some spring cleaning, but I ended up in the kitchen instead. And I didn’t end up in the kitchen to clean. I wanted something sweet and my sweet tooth wasn’t going to be satisfied with just anything. I wanted cookies. I NEEDED cookies:) Big surprise, huh?
Josh wasn’t home, so I got into my secret nut stash and the bag of hazelnuts caught my eye. I decided to make Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt. All of my favorite things in one cookie. I figured the cookies would be good, but they were even better than I imagined. They are my new favorite cookie!
I couldn’t stomach sweets at the beginning of my pregnancy, but lately my sweet tooth is raging. I think ALL of my teeth are sweet teeth:)
I wanted a decadent cookie that would cure my sweet craving so I made double chocolate cookies. I used Dutch processed cocoa to get a deep chocolate flavor. I also added in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Double the chocolate, double the goodness!
Hazelnuts are one of my favorite nuts, especially when they are paired with chocolate. So I knew they would be a great add in. And of course I sprinkled the cookies with sea salt before baking. A little bit of sea salt makes a huge difference. I love the sweet and salty combo!
I was worried the baking cookies would wake Caleb up from his nap. Our house smelled like a chocolate factory. I know I couldn’t have slept through such a tempting smell. He didn’t wake up, but I guarantee he was having some sweet dreams:)
I ate a cookie as soon as they came out of the oven. I couldn’t wait for them to cool. The cookies were soft and oozing with chocolate. The hazelnuts added a slight crunch and nice flavor. The sea salt took the cookies over the top. I was in cookie heaven!
I highly recommend you make a batch of Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt today. And make sure you eat a fresh cookie that is still warm from the oven. Your mind will be blown away! These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream.
Thank you Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt for curing my cookie craving! And don’t worry, I shared with Caleb when he woke up. The chocolate all over his face told me he approved:)
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- 32 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.