Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt-these cookies are loaded with chocolate, chopped hazelnuts, and sprinkled with sea salt. Chocolate lovers will go crazy for these cookies!
Last week I put Caleb down for his nap and I was going to do some spring cleaning, but I ended up in the kitchen instead. And I didn’t end up in the kitchen to clean. I wanted something sweet and my sweet tooth wasn’t going to be satisfied with just anything. I wanted cookies. I NEEDED cookies:) Big surprise, huh?
Josh wasn’t home, so I got into my secret nut stash and the bag of hazelnuts caught my eye. I decided to make Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt. All of my favorite things in one cookie. I figured the cookies would be good, but they were even better than I imagined. They are my new favorite cookie!
I couldn’t stomach sweets at the beginning of my pregnancy, but lately my sweet tooth is raging. I think ALL of my teeth are sweet teeth:)
I wanted a decadent cookie that would cure my sweet craving so I made double chocolate cookies. I used Dutch processed cocoa to get a deep chocolate flavor. I also added in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Double the chocolate, double the goodness!
Hazelnuts are one of my favorite nuts, especially when they are paired with chocolate. So I knew they would be a great add in. And of course I sprinkled the cookies with sea salt before baking. A little bit of sea salt makes a huge difference. I love the sweet and salty combo!
I was worried the baking cookies would wake Caleb up from his nap. Our house smelled like a chocolate factory. I know I couldn’t have slept through such a tempting smell. He didn’t wake up, but I guarantee he was having some sweet dreams:)
I ate a cookie as soon as they came out of the oven. I couldn’t wait for them to cool. The cookies were soft and oozing with chocolate. The hazelnuts added a slight crunch and nice flavor. The sea salt took the cookies over the top. I was in cookie heaven!
I highly recommend you make a batch of Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt today. And make sure you eat a fresh cookie that is still warm from the oven. Your mind will be blown away! These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream.
Thank you Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt for curing my cookie craving! And don’t worry, I shared with Caleb when he woke up. The chocolate all over his face told me he approved:)
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- 3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- 4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- 5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod