Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini-this baked pasta dish is easy to make and is always a hit at our dinner table! It also freezes beautifully!
It is officially fall so we are busting out the comfort food! This Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini is the ultimate comfort food and one of our favorite meals. We love it for many reasons…it is easy to make, is loaded with cheese, and it freezes well! It is great for weeknight meals or entertaining. It is just good all around! You can’t go wrong with this pasta dish!
This is one of the freezer meals we made before Maxwell was born and it was SO hard to put it in the freezer. We wanted to eat it on the spot! I knew it would come in handy later though, so we refrained. I only shed a few tears as I was putting it into the freezer container.
I am glad we waited because we loved pulling this Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini out of the freezer when we got home from the hospital. We needed comfort food!
I am sad we already ate the tortellini we stashed away in the freezer, so I am making this pasta dish again this week! The recipe is simple so I am confident I can tackle it with a newborn and toddler running around:)
We love this pasta dish because it is saucy, cheesy, and even has some good for you greens! If I don’t have any of my Easy Marinara Sauce on hand, I like to use DeLallo’s Marinara Sauce. I usually don’t like jarred sauces, but DeLallo’s sauce is the real deal. We love using it when we are feeling lazy and want to keep things simple. DeLallo’s Marinara is so good in this recipe!
The recipe has triple the cheese…cheese tortellini, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. We don’t mess around!
Layer all of the ingredients in a 9×13 pan and bake until the cheese is bubbling! Grab a spoon and dig into the cheesy goodness…or you can freeze it for later…or you can take the pan to a friend who just had a baby. Trust me, they will appreciate the meal:) This is the kind of casserole dish everyone will accept with open arms and a smile:)
Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake, make it for dinner tonight and then add it to your regular dinner rotation. I know you will fall in love after one bite!
And head on over to Gimme Some Oven for another delicious pasta recipe, Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti! Yay for easy pasta dinners!
Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 50 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 25.25 oz jar DeLallo Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 20 oz packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- Freshly chopped basil for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook and additional two minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until spinach wilts and shrinks down. Stir in the pasta sauce and diced tomatoes. Add the oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes, and fresh basil. Stir and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Add half of the tortellini to the dish and spread out evenly. Top with more sauce, just to cover the tortellini. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over tortellini and sauce. Next, sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese. Add the rest of the tortellini to the dish in an even layer. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil from pan and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note-this pasta dish freezes well. You can serve in individual freeze containers and reheat in the microwave or freeze the entire pan and reheat in the oven.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but our opinions are our own.