Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough-this is our favorite whole wheat pizza dough recipe! It is easy to make and makes a perfect pizza every time!
The other day my friend asked me if we had a good pizza dough recipe and I told her of course we do:) We love pizza! I sent her this pizza dough recipe. I wanted to send her our whole wheat pizza dough recipe too, but guess what? I never posted it on our site! Oops! I am so sorry we have been keeping our favorite whole wheat pizza dough recipe a secret. I didn’t mean too!
We had a mandatory pizza night so I could take pictures and get the recipe up:) I owed my friend and all of you our favorite recipe!
I love this pizza dough recipe because it is super easy and you really can’t mess it up! I promise! It makes a perfect pizza every time!
We like to use white whole wheat flour to give the dough a lighter texture and color, but regular whole wheat flour works too!
Caleb loves helping in the kitchen, especially on pizza night. He loves getting his hands dirty! He has tried to toss the pizza dough in the air, but he is not quite ready for that. Maybe in a few years:)
You can top your whole wheat pizza with your favorite toppings…veggies, meat, cheese, whatever your heart desires! This time we made one of our favorites, Caprese Pizza! I will share the recipe on Friday, so come on back!
You can also freeze this whole wheat pizza dough. After the dough rises, put the dough in a freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and freeze for up to three months. When you are ready to use, just let it defrost and you can roll it out! We like to always have a few pizza dough balls in the freezer for nights when we are craving pizza…which is quite often with a house of boys:) Homemade pizza is so much better than ordering pizza!
The next time you are in the mood for pizza, give our Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe a try!
Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir and let sit until the yeast starts to foam and bubble, about 5-10 minutes.
- Using the dough hook, turn the mixer on low and slowly add half of the flour, olive oil, honey, and salt. When flour is combined, add the remaining flour. Once dough starts to form, increase speed to medium. Mix for 3-5 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place on a floured counter. Knead a few times to form a ball. Dough should be smooth and shiny. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover loosely with a towel, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll dough into a 14 inch round. Place on a pizza pan or pizza stone. Spread with desired sauce and toppings. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Note-this pizza dough freezes well. To freeze, place dough in freezer bag after it rises, making sure you squeeze out all of the air. Thaw before using. Will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod