This easy Flourless Chocolate Cake with a silky chocolate ganache glaze is the BEST chocolate cake recipe. It is rich, decadent, and the perfect dessert for any celebration. The cake is gluten-free and super decadent.
Affiliate links are included below
Are you guys ready for this Flourless Chocolate Cake? It is 100% decadent and worth every single bite. If you are a chocolate lover, you are going to fall in love with this rich chocolate cake after one bite. It is so rich you probably only need a bite or two, but it’s SO good you will end up eating the entire piece…and you might even want another piece if you are like me.
And the best part? It is SO easy to make. It is a one layer cake topped with silky chocolate ganache. So there are no fussy layers, you don’t need special cake tools, and the decorating is very minimal.
I am normally not a big cake person, I am a cookie gal, but this cake from King Arthur Flour is my kind of cake! I make it all of the time.
The Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
I love this cake because it is SO easy to make and tastes SO gourmet. You guys are going to die when you make this cake because it tastes like a fancy restaurant or bakery dessert but it’s SO easy! Like almost as easy as a box mix. For reals. It is made in ONE bowl and you don’t need a mixer! So not only will you love the cake, but you will love the easy clean up too!
The ingredients are standard ingredients, nothing crazy. I bet you have them all in your kitchen right now! The flourless chocolate cake is made of:
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
Simple! I also add a chocolate ganache glaze to the cake because you can never have too much chocolate, but that is easy too. You only need chocolate and heavy cream.
How to Make Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Bake the cake in an 8-inch round cake pan. Make sure you grease the pan with nonstick cooking AND line it with parchment paper. I also grease the parchment paper after it goes in the pan. You don’t want the cake to stick.
- Make sure you use the best chocolate for the recipe so you get the best chocolate flavor. You can use chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate but if you like darker chocolate, bittersweet would work well too.
- I use Dutch process cocoa because it gives the cake a deep, chocolate flavor.
- I melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, but you can melt it on low in a pan using the stove top.
- Don’t over bake the cake. You want it to be nice and fudgy. It is done when the center reads 200°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the chocolate ganache glaze.
- After the cake is glazed, let the glaze set up before cutting. I like to put it in the refrigerator for a few hours so the glaze can set up.
- Serve the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh raspberries. We also like to serve whipped cream or ice cream on the side balance out the rich chocolate cake.
Is this flourless chocolate cake gluten-free? YES, there is no flour in the recipe. And don’t let the gluten-free part scare you if you normally don’t do gluten-free, this seriously is the BEST chocolate cake. I can’t say it enough.
This easy one bowl chocolate cake is dense, fudgy, chocolaty, and OH SO DIVINE! It is the perfect dessert for any occasion-birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Passover because there is no flour, really any holiday or any day!
Whenever you are craving chocolate like mad, make THIS cake. It will WOW you! And I love serving this cake when we entertain because it is easy to make, pretty to serve, and everyone loves it! You can’t go wrong with this cake. Make it and you will fall in love too!
How to Store
You can store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you topped the cake with fresh fruit, remove it so the cake doesn’t get soggy.
You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
- Peanut Butter Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Cake
- Peppermint Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Pudding Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Parchment Paper (I find that this brand doesn't burn!)
- For the cake:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- To make the cake, put the chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the butter is melted and the chips are soft, about one minute. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. If you need to reheat, do for 10 seconds at a time and stir.
- Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and stir until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake for 25 minutes or until the cake has a thin crust on the top and the center registers 200°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let the cake cool on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the pan with a butter knife and carefully turn it upside down onto a cake plate or serving plate. The bottom of the cake will now be the top of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate ganache. Combine the chocolate and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the cream is very hot so it will melt the chocolate. I always start with 30 seconds and check it. It might take longer, it just depends on your microwave. Remove from the microwave, and stir until the the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate ganache glaze evenly over the cooled cake. Let the glaze set up for a few hours before cutting and serving the cake. I always put it in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve with powdered sugar and raspberries, if desired. This cake is also great with whipped cream or ice cream.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod