Is your garden producing buckets of fresh green beans yet? If so, you have to try green beans with lemon and feta cheese. This easy side dish is great with any meal.
One of my favorite summer chores as a child was prepping the green beans for dinner. I really didn’t consider it a chore, but since it was a job on the list, I always signed up:) I loved sitting outside on the patio with a big bowl of fresh green beans. I always kept a spare bowl by my side, to toss the ends into. I don’t know why, but I enjoyed snapping off the firm ends of the beans. I would get sad when the beans were all snapped and ready to go. The bigger my bowl was, the better.
I still enjoy snapping beans and I enjoy eating them too. I like my beans crisp, bright green, and a tad crunchy. This time I spiced the green bean up with lemon and feta cheese. Light, healthy, and delicious.
If you love garden green beans, get a big bowl and start snapping. You will love these green beans with lemon and feta cheese.
Green Beans with Lemon and Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lb. fresh green beans ends snapped and washed
- Juice of one large lemon
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper season to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and onion until tender. Stir in the green beans. Add the lemon juice and stir again. Place a lid on the skillet and cook the green beans until tender, about 5 minutes. Make sure you stir the beans at least once.
- 2. Pour the green beans into a bowl or onto a serving platter. Top with feta cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- *Note-I always squeeze additional fresh lemon juice on the green beans right before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these green beans, you might also like:
Green Beans with Lemon and Shallots from Two Peas and Their Pod
White Bean Salad with Zucchini, Green Beans, and Tomatoes from Two Peas and Their Pod
Green Beans with Feta and Dill from Cooking on the Side