Happy Father’s Day! I hope you are all celebrating the men in your life.
I wish I could be with my dad today, but he lives far, far away. I am very close with my father, we still talk and email every day. I am a daddy’s girl:) I am grateful for the sacrifices my dad has made for me and my siblings. He always puts others first and is a great example to all of us. I could go on and on about why I love and appreciate him, but I know he would be embarrassed. He is my best friend and the greatest father. Plus, he is an amazing baker, but that is just an added bonus:) We love you pops! Happy Father‘s Day!
We are really enjoying our grill. We use it at least once or twice a week. We bought fresh shrimp and grilled shrimp skewers. Josh made a cilantro lime marinade for the little shrimpies. They cooked up in no time. They turned pink almost immediately after we set them on the grill. You don’t want to overcook shrimp, tough shrimp is not a good thing:)
We served the skewers with brown rice, black bean salsa, and a salad. This was a simple summer meal with great flavor. If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the skewers inside on a grill pan, but grilling outside in the summer sun is so much better:)
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers
Wood Skewers-you can find them at any grocery store
Shrimp-peeled and deveined
Fresh lime juice
1. Soak the wood skewers in water for about 10 minutes.
2. In medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and garlic. Again, we didn’t measure but just guess to your taste. We didn’t use much oil, maybe 1 Tablespoon.
3. Toss the shrimp in the lime/cilantro mixture. Let them marinade for about 30 minutes.
4. Put the shrimp on the wood skewers. As many as will fit.
5. On a heated grill, grill the skewers, only a few minutes for each side.