This simple Grilled Kale Salad with Berries and Nectarines is not only gorgeous, but healthy and delicious too!
Josh and I both work from home which means we see a lot of each other. We often get asked if we get sick of each other, but luckily we enjoy spending time together. I’m not going to lie, sometimes I go downstairs to get some space, but only for an hour or so:) We really do love working together. Plus, Caleb is the cutest little assistant. He is a distracting assistant, but we are lucky we both get to spend so much time with him.
When Caleb goes down for his nap, Josh and I rush to get as much work done as we can. We rarely sit down and eat lunch together because we are both wrapped up in our work. This week we put Caleb down and I asked Josh to join me for lunch. He agreed, so I made a Grilled Kale Salad with Berries and Nectarines and we both put our work aside.
I was a little worried Josh wouldn’t join me for lunch once he found out what was on the menu. Josh loves kale and salads, but not as his meal. He thinks they are sides:) Luckily, Josh humored me and showed up for our lunch date:) He even helped grill the kale.
Have you ever grilled kale? If you haven’t, you are missing out and if you have, then you know how amazing it is! The grill brings out the best in kale.
Grilling kale is simple. I made a simple dressing made of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, agave, and lemon juice. I brushed the kale leaves with the dressing and gave them to Josh to put on the grill.
Josh grilled the kale for a few minutes, it doesn’t take long for the kale leaves to get charred and crispy! I could have eaten the entire tray of grilled kale. It is soooo good!
I tossed the kale leaves with blueberries, raspberries, and nectarines. I also added sliced almonds, but I served up Josh’s salad first since he is allergic to nuts. I didn’t want to visit the ER on our hot lunch date:)
I drizzled our salads with a little more dressing. The salads were gorgeous, almost too pretty to eat!
Josh and I ate outside on the patio while our little pea snored away.It was nice to enjoy a healthy lunch with my husband, not my co-worker, but my husband. It was nice to take a break from work.
The Grilled Kale Salad was amazing. I loved the smoky crisp kale paired with the sweet berries and crunchy almonds. Josh added feta cheese to his salad and devoured it. I guess kale salads are ok as the main meal. He loved it!
Fire up your grill and make a Grilled Kale Salad with Berries and Nectarines. It is a great salad for lunch, dinner, or as a summer side! Enjoy!
Grilled Kale Salad with Berries & Nectarines
Grilling kale makes it crispy with a slight smoky flavor. Top with berries, nectarines, and almonds for a healthy, gorgeous, and delicious summer salad.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 13 minutes
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 nectarines pit removed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Wash the kale and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, agave or honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Liberally brush the kale leaves with the dressing, using about 2 tablespoons.
- 2. Heat the grill to high heat. Grill kale, turning once, until crispy and charred at edges, about 2-3 minutes. Let the kale cool to room temperature. Remove large center stems with a knife and discard. Roughly chop the kale leaves.
- 3. Place kale leaves in a large bowl. Add the nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, and almonds. Drizzle salad with additional dressing. Toss and serve.