Grilled Polenta Rounds with Black Bean and Avocado Salsa-this easy summer appetizer is great for entertaining!
I love entertaining all year round, but summer parties are probably my favorite. I love dining outside and summer parties always seem more relaxed. One of my go to summer appetizers are these Grilled Polenta Rounds with Black Bean and Avocado Salsa. They are easy to make and a great start to any meal.
This appetizer is super easy because I use store bought polenta. You know, the stuff in the tube. I know it doesn’t look appetizing, but I promise it is good. Especially when you grill it and add black bean and avocado salsa!
I also love serving this appetizer when we have company because it is gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian!
I usually have Josh grill the polenta rounds outside on the grill, but if you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill pan inside.
When the polenta rounds are grilled, spoon the black bean and avocado salsa over each round and EAT! You can pick them up and eat them or you can put them on a plate and eat with a fork. They are good either way!
And if you aren’t the mood for entertaining, you can have a party for yourself and make Grilled Polenta Rounds with Black Bean and Avocado Salsa for dinner! I think they make a great meal!
Grilled Polenta Rounds with Black Bean and Avocado Salsa
- For the Salsa:
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ear sweet corn kernels removed from cob
- 2 avocados pit and skin removed, diced
- 2 to matoes seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño seeds removed and minced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Polenta Rounds:
- 1 16-ounce tube prepared polenta
- Olive oil for brushing polenta
- 1. To make the salsa, combine black beans, avocado, corn, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Slice prepared polenta into rounds and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Place polenta rounds on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until rounds have grill marks. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove grill.
- 3. Top polenta rounds with salsa and serve immediately.
- Note-the polenta rounds are good served warm or at room temperature. You can pick them up and eat them with your hands, but it gets a little messy. We usually use a plate and fork!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!