I try to eat yogurt every day, but Josh won’t touch the stuff. Wait, I take that back, Josh always makes our homemade yogurt, but he won’t eat it. He hates the smell, texture, and taste. So when I made Honey Yogurt Waffles one morning I decided to keep the yogurt part of the waffles a secret. I am so sneaky:)
I asked Josh if he could guess the secret ingredient, but he isn’t very good at that game. After he polished off two waffles I told him he just ate yogurt waffles. He wasn’t upset because he really enjoyed them. Now, he will eat yogurt, but only in waffles.
These waffles ares soft, fluffy, and sweet. Add Honey Yogurt Waffles to your breakfast or dinner menu today! Next time I don’t have to hide the ingredients from Josh. In fact, I am thinking these would be the perfect waffles for breakfast in bed. I better tell Josh to get cooking:)
Honey Yogurt Waffles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or honey-for serving
- Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, honey, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the melted butter.
- Preheat and lightly grease the waffle iron. When the waffle iron is hot, pour batter into the wells of the waffle iron. (Fill according to the manufacturer's instructions).
- Close the lid and bake until the waffle is golden and set. Carefully remove waffle from iron and serve warm with maple syrup or a drizzle of honey.
- Note: To keep the waffles warm, preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place a tray of waffles in the oven to keep warm until serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod