How is it August already? This summer is going by way too quickly. I still have things to cross off my summer bucket list. For example, going on a picnic in the mountains, reading a fun summer novel, and making homemade jam. I also want to fire up the grill every day in August. Ok, maybe we will give the grill a little break, but just a nap. There will be no sleeping in or extended vacations for our grill. I love cooking and dining outside during the summer and since the summer days are dwindling, we have to grill as much as we can.
And you need to fire up your grill too, because you have to try this Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken. It is a winner winner chicken dinner:)
This grilled chicken is a Josh creation. He marinates the chicken in a cilantro lime marinade and stuffs it with jalapeños, cilantro, and cheddar cheese. He grills the chicken until tender and juicy and adds cheddar cheese on top. The chicken breasts hangout on the grill just until the cheese starts to melt and ooze all over the top.
When you cut into the chicken, you will find more cheese and a little heat from the jalapeño. This Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken is packed with flavor and cheesy goodness. Josh likes to serve Bush’s Black Bean Fiesta Grillin’ Beans on the side. The black beans simmered in chipotle sauce with corn and red peppers go perfectly with the Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken.
Don’t let August pass you by. Get out your grill this weekend and make Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken. We’ve got to enjoy the beautiful summer days while we can!
Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Olive oil for brushing the grill
- 1. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, zest, cilantro, salt, pepper, and sugar. Put chicken breasts and marinade in a large Ziploc bag and seal. Squish the bag around until breasts are well coated. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (up to 12 hours).
- 2. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and discard marinade. Open up the slits and stuff each breast with 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon jalapeño, and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
- 3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill lightly with olive oil. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from direct heat and sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top of each breast. Cook until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Jalapeño Cheddar Grilled Chicken, you might also like:
- Grilled Chicken with Fresh Cherry Salsa from Iowa Girl Eats
- BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Bacon Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Grilled Chipotle-Lime Chicken Breasts from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- Honey, Lemon, & Rosemary Grilled Chicken from Two Peas and Their Pod
This is on my must make list!
Larry would love this!! I love cheddar & jalapeño everything! 🙂
Wow! I am not sure it could get any better than this! I am dying to try this now!
Whoa! This sounds fantastic!
I made this for supper tonight. What a great recipe! So easy too. Thanks for sharing it with us! 🙂
This cheddar and jalapeno stuffed chicken sounds so good!!
That looks fantastic, something I think Blake & I would really like. Great chicken, Josh!!
I’ve never been a cheese person, but with this pregnancy I’ve found if I can get down almost anything if there’s cheese in or on it 🙂
Hahahahahaha! Yes it is winner winner chicken dinner!
I think we’re going to make this this weekend. 🙂 We haven’t gotten to grill out nearly enough this year, what with waiting for furniture, and the Hubster having to travel. This will be delicious! Can’t wait!!
I made your Jalapeno Cheddar Grilled Chicken tonight for dinner and IT WAS SO FANTASTIC!!!!!! My husband & I both LOVED it so much! So delicious and love the flavors!! It will be regular on my menu for sure. Thanks so much for your great recipes! 🙂
Just finished eating this for dinner! Very very good! Perfect favor combinations! I baked the chicken in the oven and one breast went between two adults and a toddler!
I love and just love Jalapenos. I won’t mind eating it every day in every recipe:-) The chicken, cheese, and the jalapeno combination look interesting. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, I am gonna try it soon.
See More Comments