Lemon Arugula Pasta with Burrata-You only need seven ingredients and 30 minutes to make this quick and easy pasta with lemon, arugula, and burrata cheese.
We made it to Friday and I am ready for my pajamas, Netflix, and a big bowl of this Lemon Arugula Pasta with Burrata. It may sound like a boring Friday night to you, but I live for lazy Friday nights. I am a home body at heart and I love nights when I can curl up in my cozy sweats and watch a good show with good food. I would much rather stay in than go out.
Now that we have two crazy boys we do date nights in a lot. We put the boys to bed early, shhhh don’t tell them it’s early, they can’t tell time yet, so it works:) After they are in bed, we make a special dinner and watch binge watch a Netflix show or turn on a movie.
Josh might not appreciate my sweats, but he sure does appreciate my cooking. This pasta just as good as any restaurant dish, maybe even better:) It is a great date night in dish…or any night dish.
You only need seven ingredients to make this recipe and it can be ready in 30 minutes. I use DeLallo’s organic whole wheat pasta because it is the best! Josh never turns up his nose at this whole wheat pasta. It is the good stuff. I go all out for date night in:) Any pasta shape will work, but this time I used rigatoni. I like the big tube-shaped noodles.
The pasta sauce is simple-olive oil, garlic, shallot, lemon, arugula, and burrata cheese. If you haven’t tried burrata, you really need to and I suggest you start with this pasta. The cheese is so creamy and is the perfect sauce for the pasta. I add it to the pasta when it is warm so it melts all over the noodles and creates a cheesy sauce.
I also add sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes because Josh likes things spicy. Our date nights are hot, hot, hot…ha! One bite of this pasta and he forgets all about the sweats I am wearing. I win Josh over with my food all of the time.
Enjoy a night in and make this Lemon Arugula Pasta with Burrata. You will be glad you stayed home.
And make sure you check out DeLallo’s new website. I am loving the fresh new look!
Lemon Arugula Pasta with Burrata
- 1 pound DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 8 ounces burrata cheese cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes for serving, optional
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic; sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about ¾ cup of the pasta water. Pour pasta into the skillet. Add the lemon juice and arugula. Add the reserved pasta water and gently toss until arugula is wilted, about 1 minute. Top with burrata cheese and gently stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place pasta into serving bowls or plates and top with crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by DeLallo, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.