Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake
Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake-this light and lemony loaf cake is bursting with blueberries. Enjoy a slice for dessert today!
Blueberry Lovers Loaf Cake
I can never keep up with what our boys will and won’t eat. It changes daily. One day they LOVE something and want to eat it all day long and the next day they won’t touch it. Kids!
The boys were both on a major blueberry kick so I stocked up, but then they both decided they didn’t want to eat them. I have no idea why. The blueberries were plump, juicy, and delicious. The boys were just in one of their phases! I didn’t want the blueberries to go to waste, so I decided to bake a Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake. Cake is always a good idea:)
We love this lemon loaf cake because is easy to make and the lemon blueberry combo is divine!
The cake is light, lemony, and bursting with fresh blueberries!
I drizzle the cake with a sweet lemon glaze before serving and it is the perfect finishing touch!
A Perfect Dessert
Slice, serve, and enjoy! This Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake is great for dessert, a sweet snack, or even breakfast. We love making it during blueberry season when the blueberries are the best, but if you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can use frozen blueberries. They are still good, just stir them in gently so you don’t turn the cake purple.
The second I pulled the cake out of the oven the boys came running. They were jumping up and down for a slice of Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake! But wait, I thought they didn’t like blueberries. Silly kids! 🙂
Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake
This easy lemon loaf cake with a sweet lemon glaze is bursting with blueberries! Enjoy a slice for dessert or a sweet snack!
Yield: 1 loaf cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable, canola, or coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Pound on the counter so the loaf cake is evenly set in the pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the loaf cake with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the loaf cake is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze of the cooled loaf cake. Cut into slices and serve.
Note-if the cake isn’t done and the top is browning too much, drape a piece of aluminum foil over the top and finish baking until a toothpick comes out clean.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!