Mixed Berry Granola Muffins-whole wheat muffins dotted with mixed berries and topped with Larabar crunchy Berry RENOLA.
Caleb starts preschool next week. How did that happen? He is growing up too quickly! I will probably shed a few tears when he leaves me, but I know he will have a blast…and it’s only two mornings a week, so I should survive. Caleb is already wearing his his Spiderman backpack around the house and carrying his lunch box. He is ready to go!
To celebrate back to school season, I made special muffins for Caleb, Mixed Berry Granola Muffins. I used LÄRABAR’s new crunchy Berry RENOLA for the muffin topping! Larabar’s new RENOLA is a great alternative to classic granola. It is made entirely of nuts, fruits, seeds and spices – just the good stuff. It’s flavorful, has a blend of non-GMO ingredients and is grain-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and kosher.
RENOLA is great for snacking and I love using it in recipes. It comes in three flavors: Berry, Cinnamon Nut and Cocoa Coconut. I love grabbing a handful when I am looking for a sweet, healthy snack! RENOLA has come in extra handy during my middle of the night feedings!
These muffins are healthy and a great way to incorporate more fruits, nuts and seeds into our diet. I put the muffins in the freezer, hoping they would last until school started, but Caleb saw me make them and has been asking for a muffin every day. I can’t say no to his cute face, so our stash is almost gone. I will have to make another batch for Caleb to enjoy before his first day of school!
The muffins are made with white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and have mixed berries on the inside. I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries…all of Caleb’s favorite berries! I used frozen berries because we always have a big bag in the freezer, but fresh berries will work too!
Larabar Crunchy Berry RENOLA is a mix or nuts, cinnamon, molasses, and dried blueberries. The RENOLA complimented my muffins perfectly and added a delicious sweet crunch!
I love these muffins because they are easy to make, which makes them perfect for back to school time! You can easily whip them up in the morning or you can make a batch ahead of time and put them in the freezer. Reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and you are good to go!
Caleb couldn’t wait to get his hands on a Mixed Berry Granola Muffin! He reached up and snatched a muffin while I was taking pictures. He is a huge RENOLA fan too!
Guilty face! He devoured his muffin! I am so glad he liked them. I will be making Caleb another batch for his first day of preschool! I might eat one or two too:)
These Mixed Berry Granola Muffins make a great back to school breakfast or after school treat! Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Granola Muffins
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup Larabar Crunchy Berry RENOLA for topping the muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- 3. In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together.
- 4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. Gently fold in the mixed berries.
- 5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle Berry RENOLA on top of each muffin. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.
- Note-RENOLA is available at Target, Kroger, Safeway, HyVee, Roundy’s and other retailers nationwide. You can find it in the cereal or grain aisle.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with LÄRABAR, but our opinions are our own!