Mozzarella Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Panko Parmesan Crust – an easy stuffed chicken breast recipe! Mozzarella stuffed chicken is perfect for an everyday dinner or entertaining.
A New Chicken Breast Recipe
Last week we invited friends over for dinner. I love having friends over because it gives us a chance to have other people taste our recipes. Oh, and the company is nice too.:) I asked Josh if he had any menu ideas and he suggested chicken. I was fine with that. I just make sure there are plenty of veggie sides. 🙂
I knew I probably shouldn’t try new chicken breast recipes when we are entertaining, to avoid stress, but I couldn’t help myself. I love creating new recipes and I love getting feedback before we post our recipes on the blog! I warned our friends we were trying a new chicken breast recipe on them, and they seemed to excited to be our guinea pigs! 🙂
How to Make a Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
We had Spinach Basil Pesto in the fridge, so I decided to make Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pesto. Some people shy away from stuffed chicken breast recipes, but they really aren’t scary! Stuffed chicken recipes are simple, it just takes the added step of pounding out the chicken, and deciding on something good to stuff with.
- Josh pounded out the chicken breasts and we spread pesto over each piece of chicken.
- We added fresh slices of mozzarella cheese and rolled up the chicken breasts.
- We used toothpicks to hold them in place. They were nice and snug. You don’t want the cheese to ooze out while baking.
- We coated the chicken breasts in a Panko parmesan crust.
- We popped the chicken breasts in the oven and baked them until they were golden brown.
This is now one of my favorite stuffed chicken breast recipes! It’s super easy and yet it feels special, which makes it great for entertaining or an easy weeknight dinner.
Our New Chicken Breast Recipe was a Hit!
I asked Josh if he liked our new stuffed chicken breast recipe. He said, “What’s not to love? Chicken, cheese, pesto, and a crispy cheese crust? This is an awesome chicken breast recipe!” He loved it! Our guests enjoyed the meal as well. Whew! Glad our new chicken recipe was a hit!
Looking for a new chicken breast recipe to wow your family and friends? Give this stuffed chicken breast recipe a try! These Mozzarella Pesto Chicken Breasts were easy and delicious!
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend! Thanks for tuning into our blog! We sure do appreciate you!
Mozzarella Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- 3/4 cup basil pesto Basil Pesto or use store-bought pesto
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten each chicken breast to about a 1/4 inch.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto onto each chicken breast; top each with mozzarella cheese, about 2 ounces of cheese per breast. Carefully roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the beaten eggs in a pie plate or shallow dish. In a medium bowl, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the eggs and then into the panko parmesan mixture. Make sure the breasts are well coated. Discard any extra mixture. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and the chicken is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Note-make sure you remove the toothpicks before eating.