Mushroom Quinoa Soup-this healthy and hearty soup is the perfect meal for a chilly day.
We’ve had a seasonably warm fall, which I’ve been loving because I am not ready for snow, but I have been craving that crisp, cool air. Well, it finally cooled off over the weekend so I made a big pot of Mushroom Quinoa Soup to warm us up! Yay for soup weather!
A cozy sweater, jeans, boots, and a bowl of Mushroom Quinoa Soup, that is what fall is all about! Add a loaf of crusty bread for dunking and I am one happy girl!
I love this soup because it is easy to make and super healthy! It is vegan, gluten-free, and loaded with veggies. The quinoa adds protein and will keep you satisfied.
This soup freezes beautifully so make a big pot and stick some in the freezer for a rainy day! I know it will come in handy. I can’t wait to pull ours out for an easy dinner!
Mushroom Quinoa Soup, it’s a must make for fall! Enjoy!
Mushroom Quinoa Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- 1 8 oz package of white mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 8 oz package cremini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 quarts low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup rinsed quinoa
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the quinoa and and continue to simmer for 20 minutes to cook the quinoa. Stir the soup occasionally while simmering. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Note-this soup freezes beautifully. Place cool soup in an airtight container and freeze for up to one month.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!