No-Bake Sunflower Butter Granola Bars-easy homemade granola bars that are nut-free and great for school lunches, hiking, road trips, and every day snacking!
Caleb started preschool this week and is loving it. Every night he asks if he can sleep in his school clothes so he can wake up ready to go. He doesn’t want to miss anything. I hope that excitement lasts until he is in high school:)
To celebrate Caleb’s first week of preschool, I have a fun back to school snack today, No-Bake Sunflower Butter Granola Bars. A lot of schools are going nut-free because of allergies so instead of using peanut butter to make the granola bars I used sunflower butter, which is a great alternative to peanut butter. These easy granola bars are safe to pack in lunch boxes and the the kids will love them!
You can find sunflower butter at almost any grocery store. Look for it next to the peanut butter. It is creamy and delicious!
I love these granola bars because they are easy to make. You can whip up a batch in no time! Plus, they taste so much better than store bought.
I like to add mini chocolate chips and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. The chocolate covered sunflower seeds add a fun pop of color! FYI-I buy them at Trader Joe’s. If you can’t find them, you can just use mini chocolate chips. They will still be tasty!
And good news, the granola bars will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I love having a pan in the fridge for lunch boxes, hiking, road trips, and every day snacking!
If you are looking for a fun back to school treat, make No-Bake Sunflower Butter Granola Bars. The kiddos will love them! Enjoy!
No-Bake Sunflower Butter Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick oats we use gluten-free oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper. Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, cereal, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, honey and sunflower butter. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble. Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the oat and cereal mixture. Stir until well coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the chocolate covered sunflower seeds and mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Cut into bars and serve.
- Note-I store the bars in the refrigerator. I've kept them in the fridge for up to two weeks and they are still tasty! I buy chocolate covered sunflower seeds at Trader Joe's. You can find sunflower butter at almost any grocery store by the peanut butter.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!