Orange, Avocado, and Kale Quinoa Salad-kale salad with quinoa, orange, avocado, pistachios, feta cheese, mint, and a simple citrus dressing. You will love this refreshing and healthy salad.
Citrus season is my favorite. I have been sending Josh to the grocery store on the regular to buy citrus fruits because I have been eating them like mad and so have our boys. We can’t get enough. Last week, I put a few oranges aside so I could make this Orange, Avocado, and Kale Quinoa Salad. It made the BEST lunch. It definitely brightened up my day!
This salad is SO refreshing which is really nice during the blah winter months. The citrus brought a little sunshine into my day which was so nice and so delicious.
For the salad, I used a regular navel orange and a Cara Cara orange. Blood oranges or clementines would also be good. You could even throw in some grapefruit if you wanted to boost the citrus action.
The salad has kale, quinoa, oranges, avocado, pistachios, fresh mint, and feta cheese. Before serving, I drizzled the salad with a simple citrus dressing and give it a gentle toss. Sooooooo good!
This is my new favorite winter salad. The burst of citrus with the kale and quinoa is amazing. Plus, there is avocado, which makes any salad better. The pop of fresh mint, crunchy pistachios, and creamy feta will also have you coming back for more.
Stock up on citrus and make this Orange, Avocado, and Kale Quinoa Salad. It will give you a little a little refresh in the middle of winter.
Orange, Avocado, and Kale Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch lacinato kale ribs removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large orange peeled and chopped
- 1 large Cara Cara orange peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Massage the kale with your hands until the kale softens, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa, oranges, avocado, mint, pistachios, and feta cheese. Gently toss. Drizzle citrus dressing over the salad and gently toss again. Serve.
- Note-blood oranges or clementines are also good in this salad. You could even throw in some grapefruit. This salad is best the day it is made.