Orange Pistachio Cookies-orange butter cookies topped with a sweet orange glaze and chopped pistachios. I bet you can’t eat just one!
My Christmas cookie list is WAY too long. I have too many favorites and I don’t want to leave anyone out…yes, I am worried about my cookies’ feelings. I want all of my cookies to be included in our holiday celebrations. So I tend to go cookie crazy and bake an obscene amount of cookies in December. I can’t even count how many batches I’ve made already. I am tired, but happy…I think I am on a sugar high:)
I am so glad I didn’t stop baking because I came up with a new favorite cookie, Orange Pistachio Cookies. They are thrilled that they got invited to my December cookie party!
You guys need to invite these Orange Pistachio Cookies to your cookie party too. I promise, they are great guests! You will love them!
The cookies are simple butter cookies with a hint of orange zest.
After the cookies have cooled, I spoon a sweet orange glaze over the tops. Next, I add chopped pistachios, which add a slight salty crunch and make the cookies pretty!
Orange Pistachio Cookies are going to make an appearance in my kitchen every December. They are a new favorite and I hope you like them too! Happy baking!
Orange Pistachio Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, add granulated sugar and orange zest. Rub the sugar and orange zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.
- 4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar mixture together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat
- in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- 5. Slowly beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set and slightly golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking
- racks. Cool completely.
- 6. While the cookies are cooling, make the orange glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice, and zest. Dip each cookie top into the orange glaze. Sprinkle
- pistachios on top of each cookie. Let cookies sit until glaze has set.
- Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod