Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread-this amazing flatbread only takes 20 minutes to make. It is great served as an appetizer or meal!
Josh loves blue cheese. When we first started dating, he took me out to dinner. He ordered a pear and blue cheese salad to start. When the salad came out he asked our server for extra blue cheese. The server brought back a huge bowl of blue cheese and Josh dumped the entire thing on his salad and cleaned his plate. I was amazed. I love blue cheese, but a little goes a long way:) I learned that a little blue cheese isn’t enough for Josh. He likes lots and lots of blue cheese.
Josh still loves a good pear and blue cheese salad, but his favorite way to enjoy blue cheese is on this Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread. This flatbread recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and is great served as an appetizer or meal. We love making it for lunch or dinner. We serve a salad on the side and call it good! Of course, Josh adds blue cheese to his salad. He can never have too much:)
The star of our flatbread is Salemville’s Blue Cheese. Salemville’s blue-veined cheeses are sustainably produced by an Amish community in Cambria, Wisconsin. Cows are hand-milked twice daily without the use of machines or electricity and milk is delivered to the factory in traditional 10-gallon milk cans. All Salemville cheeses are farmer-certified rBGH free, rich in calcium and contain no preservatives or chemical additives. It is good stuff!
We top store-bought flatbread with a little olive oil, Salemville’s Blue Cheese Crumbles, thinly sliced pears, red onion, and rosemary. We bake the flatbread until the cheese is melted and pears are tender.
When the flatbread comes out of the oven, we drizzle it with honey. Don’t skip this step! The honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the flatbread. All of the flavors come together to create an amazing flatbread!
This Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread recipe is perfect for entertaining or when you aren’t in the mood to cook. You can have this gourmet flatbread on your table in 20 minutes! It will impress your guests and your belly! It is a favorite at our house!
Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 store-bought flatbread
- 4 oz Salemville Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the red onion in the skillet and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Brush the flatbread with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Top with blue cheese crumbles and red onion. Arrange pear slices over the flatbread. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary.
- Place flatbread on a pizza pan or baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Cut into slices and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: this post is in partnership with Salemville Blue Cheese, but our opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting brands who help make this blog possible.