Who is spending the weekend in the kitchen? My hand is raised. I’ve already baked a lot of cookies, but there is always more to bake during the holiday season. I know your baking list is probably full, but if you have room for one more treat, please add these Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites to your list.
I made the brownies from scratch, but if you are in a pinch, you could use your favorite box mix. I used a mini muffin tin to make the brownie bites. They are the perfect size for holiday parties or for portion control. Although, the portion control thing really didn’t work for me. I kept popping the brownie bites into my mouth. I couldn’t stop myself:)
I dipped the brownie bites into white chocolate and sprinkled crushed candy canes on top. The white chocolate and candy canes created a festive look and added a nice “frosting” to the brownies. The recipe makes about 48 brownie bites-so you can taste test a few and give the remaining brownies as gifts or serve them at your holiday party.
Spread some holiday cheer with Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites. They are sure to make anyone’s holiday season brighter.
Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites
Chocolate brownie bites dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with candy cane pieces. These mini treats are perfect for gift giving or for serving at holiday parties.
- 48 brownie bites
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa I used dutch processed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 10 large candy canes crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray or line with paper cups. Set aside.
2. Place butter in medium saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; stir until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until combined.
3. Fill each muffin cup slightly more than halfway full. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a brownie bite. Allow the brownie bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
4. While the brownie bites are cooling, melt white chocolate in the microwave, in a microwave safe bowl, or by using a double-boiler. Dip the tops of the brownie bites in the white chocolate. Set on a wire cooling wrack and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Continue until all of the brownie bites are dipped and sprinkled. Let white chocolate harden before serving.
If you like these Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites, you might also like: