Peppermint Pattie Brownies-rich, chocolaty brownies with a layer of Peppermint Patties inside and finished with ganache! Chocolate mint lovers will go crazy for these brownies!
How is your holiday baking going? Our kitchen is covered in flour, sugar and chocolate…just how I like it! A messy kitchen might stress some people out, but a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen to me! I recently made a mess to make Peppermint Pattie Brownies and let me tell you, these brownies are SO worth the mess! I mean, come on, just look at those fudgy brownies! They are to die for. And my kitchen didn’t really get that messy…my face? A different story. I had chocolate everywhere! A chocolate smile is a good smile:)
I love fudgy brownies and these brownies are Fudgy with a capital F! Before baking, I added a layer of peppermint patties. The patties melt into the brownies creating one decadent brownie! Oh, and I decided to add chocolate ganache and chopped up peppermint patties to the brownies too because it is the holidays which means it’s ok to go ALL out!
The chocolate mint combo is amazing and perfect for the holiday season! Make sure you add these Peppermint Pattie Brownies to your baking list!
Peppermint Pattie Brownies
For the brownies:
For the Ganache:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped Peppermint Patties
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat, just until it’s hot, but not bubbling. It will become shiny as you stir. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, stirring until smooth. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Place the peppermint patties on top of the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the peppermint patties and gently smooth. Tap the pan on the counter to even the batter out.
- Bake the brownies for 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked. Remove them from the oven and cool completely.
- To make the ganache, add the chocolate to a large bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat just until it bubbles around the edges. Remove the cream from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Let the mixture stand for 30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate melts and a smooth ganache comes together, about 1-2 minutes. Pour it over the top of the brownies, then cover with the chopped peppermint patties. Let the brownies sit for 30 minutes before cutting. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod