Pistachio Guacamole-this fresh and simple guacamole is my favorite! I love the addition of pistachios!
Football season is in full swing and that means our television is tuning into football 24/7, or at least it seems that way. The boys barely have a chance to watch Curious George because Josh is in control of the remote and cartoons are not on his agenda:) I like watching football and so do our boys, but Josh LOVES football. He cares about every game, player, story, and score. We don’t just watch the games, we watch all of the highlights and this year Josh is even in a fantasy football league. So yeah, football is in full force at our house.
I am usually good about focusing on one or two games every weekend. I even get into some of them, but by game three or four, I need a distraction. That distraction is usually food. On Sunday, we started watching football in the morning. You know, because we had to watch the pre-game commentary. By the time Sunday night football came on, I needed a break. I went to my happy place, the kitchen, and made Pistachio Guacamole. It was just what I needed to make it through the rest of the game.
I am obsessed with guacamole and I love trying new recipes. You can find my favorite guacamole recipes here. Well, this Pistachio Guacamole needs to be added to that list because it is my new favorite. It is SO good…like so good I ate the entire bowl by myself. Caleb had a few bites, but it was pretty much all me. Josh is allergic to pistachios so I couldn’t share with him. Darn:) Don’t worry, he was so into the game I don’t even think he noticed the chips and guacamole.
The pistachios add a nice crunch to the guacamole and their green color fits right in! The guacamole is pretty! Yay for green! I used lemon and lime juice and I am telling you, best decision ever! The guacamole is so fresh and tasty! I love the citrus combo, especially with the chives and pistachios. I love everything about this guacamole! It is my new obsession!
If you are looking for a new guacamole recipe to try, or if you are just bored during a football game and need something to snack on, try my Pistachio Guacamole. It is amazing! And if you are into the game, you can still snack and watch at the same time. Just make the guacamole before the game starts or during halftime so you don’t miss anything. It is easy!! Enjoy!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 3 ripe large avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pits from the avocados. Squeeze the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and discard the skins. Add the onion, chives, jalapeño, lime juice, and lemon juice. Mash with a fork, leaving some avocado chunks. Stir in the pistachios and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.