Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups-if you like pizza, you will love these easy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups. They are a dinnertime favorite!
Josh is a pizza fanatic and has passed his love for pizza onto our boys. They would eat pizza for dinner every night if I let them. I like pizza, but I don’t want it every single night:)
We usually make pizza on Friday nights or for game days. I am ok with that. Last Friday night, I surprised my boys with Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups instead of traditional pizza and they loved it!
I found this recipe in my good friend Gina’s new cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. I love Gina’s blog and her first cookbook so I was anxiously awaiting Fast and Slow. The cookbook is filled with fast recipes, that can be made in no time, and slow recipes, that can easily be made in the slow cooker. Each recipe includes nutritional information and the photos are gorgeous. There are so many delicious dinner ideas!
When I saw the Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups I knew I had to make them for my pizza loving boys. Chicken gets stuffed with pepperoni, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese and it doesn’t end there. The outside of the chicken is coated in a seasoned bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture. Bake until the chicken is almost done and then add marinara sauce, cheese, red onion, and green pepper. Put the chicken back in the oven just until the cheese is melted.
Slice into the chicken roll-ups and discover the fun spiral of pizza toppings inside! The boys love pepperoni and were thrilled to find it inside of the chicken. Feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings. The options are endless!
Are you ready for a winner winner chicken dinner? These easy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups are sure to be a hit at the dinner table. Add them to your dinner menu ASAP and make sure you check out Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. I can’t wait to try all of the recipes.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Olive oil spray or cooking spray
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- 12 slices white button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat or regular bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with oil. Set aside.
- Halve each chicken breast horizontally to create 2 cutlets. Cover with a piece of wax paper and lightly pound to a 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken cutlets on a work surface and top each piece, in the center, with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese, 3 slices pepperoni, and 3 slices mushroom. Loosely roll each one up and set them seam side down.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In a second small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper to taste. Dip a chicken roll-up into the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place it seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly spray the roll-ups with oil.
- Bake until the chicken is nearly done, about 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Top each roll-up evenly with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, onion, and bell pepper. Bake until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot, about 4-5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
- Note-feel free to stuff the chicken with your favorite pizza toppings!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.