Pomegranate, Orange, and Avocado Salad-mixed greens with pomegranate seeds, orange slices, avocado, feta cheese, and a simple citrus dressing.
Over the holidays, I made this Pomegranate, Orange and Avocado Salad like a billion times. I posted a photo on Instagram and did a little snapchat (twopeasandpod) and I received a TON of emails and requests for the recipe. So, today I am sharing the salad recipe. Now, you can all go make it. Yay! It is so simple and SO good!
I actually have a love hate relationship with pomegranates. They are so good, but I really hate deseeding them. There are lots of tricks to getting the arils out easily and it really isn’t that hard, but I am lazy sometimes…ok, most of the time. So if you don’t want to mess with getting the seeds out, you can just buy the seeds. Most stores sell just the seeds, which is genius!
I top mixed greens with pomegranate seeds, orange slices, avocado slices, and crumbled feta cheese.
Next, I drizzle a simple citrus dressing over the top and dig in! This salad is colorful, fresh, and so delicious. I seriously can’t stop making it! I love the juicy little bursts of joy from the pomegranate jewels. The citrus and avocado combo is spot on too!
If you can’t find pomegranate seeds, you can use dried cranberries. They would be good too!
Get your greens on and make this healthy Pomegranate, Orange, and Avocado Salad. It is my favorite!
Pomegranate, Orange, and Avocado Salad
For the Salad:
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 small oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados pit removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with pomegranate seeds, orange slices, avocado slices, and crumbled feta cheese.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey in a small bowl or jar. Whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
- Note-the dressing recipe makes a lot, which is nice so you can make this salad multiple times. Cover and store the dressing in the refrigerator. I like to keep it in a jar so I can shake before using and add it to my salad. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod