Raspberry Almond Scones-a sweet treat for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day!
Josh and Caleb are donut people. They LOVE donuts. I like an occasional donut, but if I have a choice of a morning treat, it isn’t a donut. I am more a scone kind of person. I guess I am more sophisticated than my guys:) I love a good scone! And when I say a good scone, I mean a scone that isn’t dry. I hate a dry scone. I want my scone loaded with butter and cream. If I am going to have a treat, I mine as well go all out!
I was in the mood for a breakfast treat so I made Raspberry Almond Scones. Or maybe I told Josh to make me Raspberry Almond Scones. I can’t remember how things went down, I just remember the scones….and I don’t remember doing much work, so I guess Josh helped out:)
Caleb is a berry fanatic. Our fridge is always stocked with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
We stole some of Caleb’s raspberries to make the scones. Don’t worry, he was napping so he didn’t see us take his precious berries. He is kind of possessive when it comes to berries and superheroes:)
Josh used Land O Lakes® Butter and heavy cream to create a dream scone. He added raspberries and almond slices to jazz up the dough. He rolled out the scone dough and cut the scones into wedges. I don’t remember doing any of this so Josh must have done it…unless we have a scone fairy. Wouldn’t that be awesome? 🙂
I do remember pulling the scones out of the oven. How could I resist the heavenly smell?
After the scones cooled, I whisked up a sweet almond glaze to drizzle over the scones. I also added a few extra almond slices for decoration.
The scones were bursting with raspberries! Perfection! This is my new favorite scone recipe. I adore the raspberry and almond combo and the glaze adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Raspberry Almond Scones are great for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day. I am going to make another batch for Easter brunch! They are the perfect spring treat!
Raspberry Almond Scones
For the scones:
For the Almond Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Quickly cut in the butter, using your hands, two knives, or a pastry blender. Mix until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a feel larger butter lumps. Pour 1 cup of heavy cream and almond extract over the ingredients and stir with a spatula until dough begins to form. Don't over mix. Gently fold in sliced almonds and raspberries. The raspberries will get a little smashed, but that is ok. The scones will still be pretty:)
- Transfer dough to a floured countertop and knead dough by hand just until it forms a ball. Form scones by patting the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Cut the scones into even triangles. We got 8 scones.
- Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush scones lightly with the additional heavy cream. Bake scones for 15-18 minutes, or until scones are light brown. Cool scones on a wire cooling rack.
- While the scones are cooling, make the almond glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream or milk, and almond extract. Whisk until you reach desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over the scones. Top with additional sliced almonds. Serve!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Two Peas & Their Pod has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.