Raspberry Coconut Cake with Coconut Streusel-a simple coconut cake dotted with raspberries and topped with sweet coconut streusel.
I don’t bake a lot of cakes, but I have made more than my fair share. I recently made a Raspberry Coconut Cake with Coconut Streusel and Josh said that it is the BEST cake I’ve ever made. I was kind of surprised because I just made this cake up on a whim. I wasn’t expecting it to get the BEST cake tittle. I personally don’t know if I would give it the best cake award because I am a chocolate cake kind of gal, but I will say that this cake is really, really good! It is definitely a winner!
Raspberries and coconut are a match made and heaven and the perfect ingredients for a summer cake!
The cake is made with coconut milk, flaked coconut, and has a coconut streusel topping so if you are a coconut lover, you are in for a real treat!
Instead of using a frosting or glaze, I topped the cake with a sweet coconut streusel. The cake didn’t need anything else. The coconut streusel topping was the perfect finishing touch to my cake!
I made this cake in the morning and was planning on saving it for dessert after dinner, but Josh decided he wanted a piece for breakfast. He immediately fell in love and couldn’t stop raving about my cake! He had a piece for breakfast and dessert that night:) This cake is great anytime of the day!
If you are looking for a simple summer cake to make, give my Raspberry Coconut Cake with Coconut Streusel a try! According to Josh, it is the BEST cake I’ve ever made!
Raspberry Coconut Cake with Coconut Streusel
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 5 minutes
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
For the Coconut Streusel:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan or pie pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in egg, coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut extract. Mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the coconut. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Arrange raspberries on top of batter and slightly press them down.
- To make the coconut streusel topping, in a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and coconut. Add in butter pieces and mix together with your fingers until crumbly. Top the cake with coconut streusel.
- Bake cake for 45-50 minutes or until it is golden brown and firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Cut into slices and server.
- Note-the cake will keep up to 2 days, stored in an air-tight container on the counter.