Today is the perfect day for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies. Fall is here! It was in the 90’s yesterday and today it is only in the 40’s. I had to get out my warm clothes out this morning. I am all bundled up!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 8 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 apples peeled and diced (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butters and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add in the applesauce and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. When set, transfer them to a cooling rack.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod