Our good friend Lincoln recently came up for a visit. He is a big supporter of our blog, so he knows that we are always in the kitchen. We decided to make him Salmon Tacos for dinner, since they are one of his favorites. We had to spoil our guest of honor!
We grilled up some salmon on our indoor grill pan. Thanks All-Clad! It was too cold to go outside:) Josh made a basic rub with cumin, chili powder, and black pepper.
We spiced up the tacos with fresh pico, lime crema, chopped cabbage, fresh cilantro, and lime. The perfect pairings for fish tacos! We also made our favorite cilantro lime riceand some black beans to go with.
It was one tasty meal! And most importantly, Lincoln approved! It was fun cooking for him. He is the best!
Fresh corn tortillas
For the Pico:
Fresh cilanto, chopped
Fresh lime juice
For the Lime Crema:
Sour cream (I used fat free)
A bit of diced onion
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime juice
1. Mix cumin, chili powder, and black pepper together. Josh didn’t measure so just guess:) Rub this on the salmon filets. Grill salmon for a few minutes. Make sure the fish is tender and moist. Don’t overdo it.
2. Prepare the fixings. Heat up the corn tortillas. Place them in tin foil and heat them in the oven or on a skillet on the stove. Chop the cabbage.
3. Make the Pico. Chop up all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Taste. We don’t measure, we just do it to our taste!
4. Make the Lime Crema. You can add mayo to the sour cream, do half and half…but I hate mayo, so I just used sour cream. Again, I didn’t measure, just add ingredients to your taste.
5. When the salmon has cooled, pull it apart so it is in chunks. Place the salmon on the hot tortillas. Load on the toppings: cabbage, pico, lime crema, fresh cilantro, and lime juice.
I'm Maria and my husband is Josh. We share a love of cooking, baking, and entertaining. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and family friendly. We love sitting around the table with good food, good conversation, and good friends and family! Our kitchen is always open! Read More
Love your salmon tacos Maria!! Yum!
OH MY! The salmon tacos look and sound fantastic! I bet the Lime Crema would be good on so many things!
Fish tacos are such a wonderful treat and your version with the lime crema sounds very good. We love to get the ones from Lone Star Taqueria on Ft. Union Blvd. If you haven’t been there, Maria, you have to try it. None of their fish is grilled and their ingredients are very fresh.
Dara-we love Lonestar. We stop there after hiking in the summer.
I LOVE seafood tacos and have actually never made them with salmon. These look amazing. I’ll be making them soon.
I’ve yet to have seafood tacos, I really need to try, they all look so good!
Looks so fresh and healthy! I’m always looking for new salmon recipes.
I love salmon but I’ve never had it in tacos. I’ll have to give this recipe a try. It looks delicious!
So yummy! These were a hit! ! We brought Alaskan salmon to family in CO and everyone loved them! Thanks!
May I just say thank you for the delicious recipe!! I love salmon and I’ve been curious to try a salmon taco recipe for awhile. Just decimated half of my taco right now……About to enjoy the other -Thanks!
See More Comments