First of all, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a fabulous birthday weekend. I have an easy and festive Valentine’s Day cookie recipe for you today. I made Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies during Christmas time and they were a huge hit. Everyone loved them. I decided I needed to create a new red velvet cookie for Valentine’s Day, red velvet is too perfect for this holiday. I made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and cut them into cute little heart shapes. If you are still pondering what to do for your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day, ponder no more. Make them a batch of Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies-their heart will go pitter patter for these cookies.
These cookies are easy peasy. I used a Red Velvet cake mix to make the cookie dough. I usually make my cookies from scratch, but I had such good luck with the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies, I decided to use a cake mix again. I rolled the cookies in powdered sugar to give them the crinkle affect.
I baked the cookies and cut them into heart shapes while the cookies were still warm. You don’t have to cut the cookies into hearts, but they turned out super cute. Plus, you get to eat all of the cookie scraps:)
Everyone deserves a special sweet treat on Valentine’s Day so make a batch of Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and share the love. And if you don’t want to share and end up eating the entire batch of cookies by yourself, I won’t tell:) You can always run to the store for a box of chocolates:)
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- 2 dozen heart shaped cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
- Heart shaped cookie cutter optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and flour. Whisk until clumps disappear. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in powdered sugar until fully coated. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. If desired, cut cookies into heart shapes, using a heart shaped cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Eat the cookie scraps:)
- Note-you don't have to cut the cookies into heart shapes. They are great round too!