It’s Monday, it’s hot, you need a fun summer treat! Today I am sharing a simple recipe for Ritz Cracker Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches.
I am blaming Joy the Baker and Bakerella for these addicting little sandwiches. When I saw their ice cream sandwich recipes, I was done for. I had to get on board! Plus, it’s National Ice Cream Month so I have to do my part to eat as much ice cream as possible.
To make the ice cream sandwiches I used buttery Ritz crackers. Ritz crackers are a blast from the past for me. I used to eat them almost every day after school when I was in junior high. I would dip the crackers in a jar of peanut butter. It always got a little messy, but the combo was so good!
I guess my taste buds haven’t grown up too much because I still love Ritz crackers and peanut butter together. I did kick things up a notch by adding milk chocolate and ice cream to the mix.
I dipped the bottoms of the crackers in milk chocolate. After the chocolate hardened, I added a creamy layer of peanut butter. I put the crackers in the freezer to set up and then added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I used a medium cookie scoop to do the job.
Salty buttery crackers with sweet milk chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream-it’s a thing. A very good thing! These bite-size ice cream sandwiches are my new obsession.
I made these on a 100 degree day so it was a little hard to take photos. It got a little messy, but that didn’t stop me from sampling a few. I put the rest of the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for later.
I thought I would forget about them, out of sight out of mind, right? Well, my mind never stopped thinking about these cute little Ritz cracker ice cream sandwiches. Every time I walked by the freezer I wanted to pop one in my mouth. Instead of eating a dozen ice cream sandwiches, I invited some neighborhood kids over to enjoy a cool summer treat! They were a hit!
Kids and adults will go crazy for these Ritz Cracker Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are fun to make and fun to eat! And they are small ice cream sandwiches so you can eat more than one. You have my permission:)
Ritz Cracker Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl and melt until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Cover a baking sheet or platter with wax paper. Dip the bottom side of the crackers in the melted chocolate. Place the crackers on the wax paper. Transfer the crackers to the freezer and let the chocolate dry completely. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer and spread peanut butter over 12 of the chocolate crackers. Place the crackers back in the freezer so the peanut butter can set up, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer and place a small scoop of vanilla ice cream into the center of the 12 chocolate peanut butter crackers. Gently press the remaining crackers, chocolate side down, onto the ice cream scoop. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Note-I use a medium cookie scoop to scoop up the ice cream. Mix things up by using your favorite flavor or ice cream. The sandwiches will store in the freezer for up to a week, just wrap them individually with plastic wrap.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod