Last week I went to Virginia for a blogging event with Sabra. We toured chickpea fields, took a tour of the hummus factory, and tasted lots and lots of hummus. I was on a hummus high:) When I got home I was going through hummus withdrawals so I made a Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Avocado, and Feta Sandwich. This quick and easy sandwich is a new favorite. It has all of my favorite flavors in one sandwich!
It’s been in the 100’s in Utah so I haven’t been cooking a ton, plus I have been traveling a lot. So simple meals have been my best friend. This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Avocado, and Feta Sandwich only took minutes to make and really hit the spot. Sandwiches are great for lunch, dinner, and I can even see myself eating this tasty sandwich for breakfast.
I used Sabra’s Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. It is one of my all-time favorite hummus flavors and is amazing on this sandwich. I also mixed together smashed avocado, feta cheese, basil, and a little splash of fresh lemon juice. I spread the hummus and avocado feta mixture on whole wheat bread and added roasted red peppers.
Josh had the grill on-he was grilling sweet corn, so I had him grill the sandwiches. Best decision ever! I loved the warm toasted bread with the creamy sandwich fillings! We enjoyed these sandwiches for dinner with fruit, sweet corn, and pita chips. It was the perfect summer meal. And our little pea devoured his sandwich. He had hummus, avocado, and a big smile on his face. He approved!
This simple Roasted Red Pepper, Avocado, and Feta Sandwich is great for a quick meal. It only takes minutes to make, but will leave you satisfied! I know we will be making this sandwich again and again!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Avocado, & Feta Sandwich
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 2 ripe avocados pit removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers drained
- 1. Spread the bread slices evenly with roasted red pepper hummus. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine avocado and feta cheese. Mash with a fork. Add the lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Spread the avocado feta mixture over the red pepper hummus. Top with roasted red peppers, on two slices of the bread. Place other pieces of bread on top to form a sandwich.
- 4. Brush the outside pieces of bread with olive oil or butter and place on a hot grill or hot pan. Grill each side until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Note-you can serve the sandwich cold, without grilling it. It is just as tasty! For gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Sabra, but of course our opinions are our own!