Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Lemon Tahini Dressing-an easy meal prep idea for lunch or dinner. Prepare these healthy bowls and eat during the week with no fuss!
Hello 2018!! It is nice to see you! I am excited for the new year and I am really excited about the healthy recipe we have for you today, Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls. We are starting the year off RIGHT!
Don’t let vegetables get you down, they can be just as good as cookies, well, almost:) Vegetables and healthy eating can be VERY delicious and I am going to show you how to make my all time favorite veggie bowls. You are going to want to make them every single week because they are SO good!
I really don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” because they are so easy to make and very customizable. They are my meal prep go to! I make them every Sunday and eat them every day for lunch. Roasted veggies are my lunch staple, I never get tired of them.
These bowls have roasted:
- sweet potatoes
- brussels sprouts
- red onion
I also add kale because greens are always a good idea and a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing. Don’t skip the dressing, it really makes the bowls! You can whisk it up in minutes and keep it in the fridge so it is ready to go.
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
- First, roast the vegetables. I cut the sweet potato into smaller pieces so they will cook in the same amount of time as the other vegetables.
- I keep the seasonings simple for these bowls because I add the lemon tahini dressing at the end. Before going into the oven, I drizzle them with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper. That is it!
- The vegetables take about 40-45 minutes. I like my vegetables on the crispier side so I roast for the full 45 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the quinoa and lemon tahini dressing.
- If you want to meal prep the ingredients for the week, you can divide individual portions into tupperware containers. Make sure you keep the dressing separate so the vegetables don’t get soggy. Dress when you are ready to eat.
- You can reheat the roasted vegetables and quinoa in the microwave. You can also reheat the vegetables in a skillet or put them back on a sheet pan and heat them up. I usually go the easy route and use the microwave. The leftover vegetables will get a little soft, but I think they are still super tasty! I have even eaten the bowls cold and I think they are good cold too.
- You can really roast whatever veggies you have on hand, sometimes I make clean out the fridge veggie bowls and roast whatever I need to use up.
- The bowls are gluten-free and vegan. If you want to add protein, you can. Chicken, fish, beans, steak, or cottage cheese are good options. Yes, cottage cheese. I LOVE topping my bowl with cottage cheese. Josh thinks I am weird, but you should try it:)
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls are a staple for me. They can be prepped in advance and eaten all week. I never get tired of these healthy bowls and I think you will love them too! Simple and healthy has never tasted so good!
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
For the vegetables:
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts cut in half
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the vegetables on two baking sheets, making sure they are in an even layer and spread out a little. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the vegetables are coated. Season with salt and black pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the vegetables. Place the pans back in the oven and roast for 15-20 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly crisp. I prefer my vegetables crispy and a little black on the edges so I let them roast for about 40 minutes total.
- While the vegetables are roasting make the quinoa.In a medium saucepan, combine water, rinsed quinoa, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- To make the lemon tahini dressing, whisk together the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and, water in a small bowl or jar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more water and whisk again.
- To assemble the bowls, add quinoa, an assortment of the roasted vegetables, and chopped kale. Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing.
- Note-If you are meal prepping, you can place the dressing in a separate container and wait to dress the bowls. You can heat up the roasted vegetables and quinoa in the microwave and add the kale and dressing when you are ready to eat. Feel free to roast whatever vegetables you like!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod