Salt ‘n Vinegar Snack Mix-this easy snack mix is perfect for parties, game day, or every day snacking!
When we first got married, Josh came home with a bag of Salt ‘n Vinegar chips. I was like…really?? You are weird. I wouldn’t try them, even though he said they were soooooo good. He said I was missing out, but they sounded odd to me. Well, he didn’t stop buying them and he finally convinced me to try them and guess what? I loved them. I guess he wasn’t so weird after all…or maybe we are both weird:)
Now, I am kind of obsessed with the salt ‘n vinegar combo. I love it! I even created a Salt ‘n Vinegar Snack Mix that is SO good!
This snack mix reminds me of our favorite chips, but I think I like it better! It is so easy to make at home and perfect for game day, parties, or every day snacking.
I love reaching for this snack mix instead of a bag of chips when I get my salt ‘n vinegar cravings…and yes I do get those cravings from time to time. No, I am not pregnant, I have just come to love the salt ‘n vinegar combo…thanks to Josh!
To make the snack mix, I coat cereal and pretzels with a butter, vinegar, and salt mixture. I bake the snack mix in the oven, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is nice and toasty.
If you are short on time, you can make the snack mix in the microwave, but I prefer the old fashioned oven way!
As soon as the mix comes out of the oven, I toss in Blue Diamond’s Salt ‘n Vinegar Almonds which add more salt ‘n vinegar flavor and a great crunch to the snack mix. These almonds are SO good! When Blue Diamond came out with them I was beyond excited! I think they are better than the chips. If you are a salt ‘n vinegar fan, you have to try them! And they are extra tasty in my snack mix:)
This easy Salt ‘n Vinegar Snack Mix is a fun one! Make a batch for game day! It is sure to be the hit of the party. I know I can never keep my hands out of the bowl. Enjoy!
Salt 'n Vinegar Snack Mix
- 3 cups corn squares cereal Corn Chex
- 3 cups rice squares cereal Rice Chex
- 3 cups wheat squares cereal Wheat Chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Salt 'n Vinegar Almonds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cereal and pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the vinegar and salt to the melted butter. Stir to combine. Pour butter mixture over the cereal and pretzels and gently stir until well coated.
- Pour mix onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven stir in the salt 'n vinegar almonds.
- Let snack mix cool to room temperature and serve! Store snack mix in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Note-You can also make this snack mix in the microwave. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the vinegar and salt. Pour butter mixture over cereal and pretzels and gently stir until well coated. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds and their Game Changing Flavors campaign. For some extra fun this football season, enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.
Oh my gosh! I cannot wait to try this! I love everything salt and vinegar and all Chex mix varieties – can’t believe I never thought to marry the two. Yum!
Best of both worlds:)
Definitely plan to give this a try!….. thanks for sharing.
Those almonds are amazing! I’m sure they even more delicious in a snack mix!
I am addicted!
Being Canadian, salt & vinegar potato chips are a flavor that we routinely see on supermarket shelves so this is right up my alley!
You will love this snack mix if you like the potato chips!
I’m such a sucker for salt ‘n vinegar chips. I never thought to do that flavor in a snack mix, brilliant! I’ve gotta try out those Blue Diamond salt ‘n vinegar almonds!
They are SO good!
Salt and Vinegar is the beeeeeest, but I was the same at first I thought it sounded disgusting. This snack mix looks awesome!!
I love it too!
Absolutely love this, Maria!
I love that this is a salt and vinegar combo!!
Those almonds are so good…I have no self control with them…can’t wait to make this.
Salt and vinegar flavor is my favorite!!! This snack mix is right up my alley!!!
Did you know you can buy powdered vinegar and use thar for more vinegar kick?
Really? Where do you get yours?
It was very easy to make and I cooked it in the microwave and it turned out really good
Absolutely fantastic recipe, but the author’s strange insistence that one of the most popular chip flavors is somehow fringe or weird is very confusing. Not a problem……just very confusing.