Sausage and Pepper Skewers-a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for grilling season!
Father’s Day is on Sunday and if you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to make for Dad, give our Sausage and Pepper Skewers a try! Josh makes these grilled sausage and veggie skewers all summer long. It is one of his favorite meals. He usually does all of the work, but this Sunday we will be making them for Josh! Ok, Caleb probably won’t help, but I am sure he would love to have a sword fight with the skewers, if I let him:)
I do know that Caleb will help Josh eat the Sausage and Pepper Skewers because he loves sausage just like his daddy. Josh prefers using spicy Italian sausage, but he always makes a few mild sausage skewers for Caleb. Caleb doesn’t like spicy food, at least not yet!
We are super excited for grilling season because we get to use our new KitchenAid Grill. It has four main burners plus a ceramic infrared searing side burner, with a total of 65,000 BTU’s. It also has 827 sq. in. of total cooking surface, which makes this grill perfect for summer BBQ’s and entertaining! We can grill up a storm!
The stainless steel exterior is durable, easy to clean, and oh so pretty! Although Josh doesn’t like me calling our grill pretty. He thinks the grill is manly, not pretty:) The propane tank is hidden underneath, but it is easy to access because it slides out. I see lots of BBQ’s in our future! We love our new grill!
For the skewers, we like to use red, yellow, and orange peppers to add lots of color! The red onions are also a must!
The skewers only take about 15 minutes to grill so this is a great recipe for busy weeknights or entertaining!
This is also the perfect recipe for Father’s Day! Make sure you spoil dad with Sausage and Pepper Skewers this weekend! I will be “manning” the grill on Sunday so Josh can take a break. I am going to make Caprese Garlic Bread and Key Lime Tart for dessert. Josh’s favorites! They will go great with the skewers! And of course we will have watermelon too because watermelon is a must for every BBQ and a MUST for this pregnant mama:)
Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day to all of the amazing fathers and men out there!
Sausage and Pepper Skewers
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
- 4 Italian sausage links cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak eight 8-inch wood skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Thread sausage, peppers, and onion onto the skewers, alternating sausage, peppers, and onion.
- Brush skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and peppers are blistered, about 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer skewers to a plate or platter and serve.
- Note-Josh likes to use spicy Italian sausage.
Disclosure-KitchenAid sent us the grill to enjoy, but all of our opinions are our own.