We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. We enjoyed watching Caleb wake up on Christmas morning to open presents. Of course, he loved the boxes and paper just as much as the gifts. We spent the rest of the day in the kitchen and relaxing with family. It was a perfect day.
If you still have family and friends visiting and are looking for an easy recipe to feed your guests, make this Hillshire Farm Sausage and Potato Bake. Josh made this Hillshire Farm recipe last week and loved it. He loved it so much that he is making it again to feed our family that is visiting. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
For the recipe, you will need Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage. The Smoked Sausage is made with quality cuts of turkey and slow-cooked natural flavors. We like to keep this sausage in our fridge. It is great for making a quick and easy meal.
For the Sausage and Potato Bake, Josh sliced the sausage in ¼ inch thick slices.
He also chopped a red and green pepper, onion, and red potatoes. He cooked the potatoes on the stove until tender and then added everything into a baking dish. He added chicken broth, garlic, a little olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper.
The oven did the rest of the work. He pulled the Sausage and Potato Bake out of the oven when the vegetables were tender and the potatoes were slightly crispy. Josh ate the Sausage Potato Bake for lunch, but said it would also be great for breakfast.
This hearty Hillshire Farm Sausage and Potato Bake is simple to make, which makes it perfect for entertaining. If you still have family and friends visiting and are looking for an easy recipe to feed your guests, make this Sausage and Potato Bake.
You can find a coupon for the Turkey Smoked Sausage and nutritional information here. Enjoy!
Sausage and Potato Bake
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 6 cups red new potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch-chunks
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut sausage in 1/4” slices; set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain potatoes.
- 3. Combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil and seasonings in a 12x8-inch baking dish; mix lightly.
- 4. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Note: For crispier potatoes, bake 10-15 minutes longer.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Hillshire Farm, but our opinions are our own.