Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa-this easy and healthy slow cooker recipe is a family favorite. Add it to your dinner menu now!
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own.
Our Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Bake is hands down one of the most popular recipes on our site. You guys love it and so do we. We make it for dinner all of the time! Several of you have emailed us and asked if we could create a similar slow cooker recipe. Well, today is your lucky day because we played around with the recipe and came up with a killer Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa. If you like our enchilada bake, you will LOVE the slow cooker version because it is SO easy! The slow cooker does most of the work and the results are mighty delicious!
You only need about 15 minutes to prep this delicious dinner recipe. A little chopping, a little can opening, and you are good to go! Dump everything in your slow cooker and let it do the work!
I was worried the slow cooker version wouldn’t be as good as our original enchilada bake, but IT IS!! It really is!
The flavors are incredible! The quinoa tastes just like enchiladas, thanks to Old El Paso’s mild red enchilada sauce, and all of the other fantastic Mexican flavors going on! And do you see all of that cheese? Mmmmmm!
When the cheese is melted, I top the enchilada quinoa with diced avocado, green onions, and fresh cilantro to finish things off.
We like to eat the enchilada quinoa with tortilla chips! You can also serve tortillas on the side or eat it plain. It is good any and every way!
When we make this Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa for dinner our boys devour it! It is a family favorite and I am sure your family will enjoy it too! Add it to your dinner menu right this second!
Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper seeds removed, diced
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 10 oz cans Old El Paso mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 oz can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 cup corn frozen kernels
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Optional toppings: Sliced green onions avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges
- Combine the quinoa, water, onion, garlic, red pepper, black beans, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles, corn, lime juice, cumin, chile powder, and cilantro in a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours, or until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir the casserole. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in the half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top. Put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.