Soft Gingersnap Cookies-these cookies are a holiday favorite. Add them to your Christmas cookie baking list now!
I know we haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but I am already in Christmas mode. We don’t have our tree up yet, but I have started baking Christmas cookies. I just couldn’t wait any longer. Over the weekend, I made my favorite Soft Gingersnap Cookies. They are seriously the BEST holiday cookies. You can’t have the holidays without them. I make them every year and every year I fall in love all over again.
I love this recipe because the cookies are perfectly spiced and super soft. To get perfectly soft cookies, take them out at 8 minutes. They won’t look done, but just trust me, they are ready to come out of the oven. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. The cookies will set up as the cool and then you will have a batch of super soft gingersnap cookies.
Our house smelled amazing while the cookies were baking. The ginger, cinnamon, and molasses smell filled each room with holiday cheer.
Kick off your Christmas baking with these classic Soft Gingersnap Cookies. Your friends and family will love them! They are the perfect Christmas cookie!
If you like this Gingersnap Cookie recipe, you might also like:
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
- Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
Photography by: Sarah Fennel // Broma Bakery
Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar to roll the cookie dough in
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. Add in the molasses. Mix until the molasses is combined with the other ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture. Add in a little at a time until all of the flour is mixed in. Don't over mix.
- Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll the dough in the granulated sugar. Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. I pressed down on the cookies slightly with a spatula to help them flatten out. If you like puffy cookies, don't press them down.
- Bake for 8 minutes and no longer, you want the cookies to stay soft. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Note-the cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. The cookies can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod