If you are finished with your holiday baking or think your holiday goodie list is complete, think again. These soft ginger cookies with white chocolate chunks are a MUST make. I have a hard time choosing a favorite holiday cookie, but if I had to choose, these might be my number one. Shhh, don’t tell the other cookies, I don’t want to hurt their feelings:)
This cookie recipe comes from my good friend and fashion diva, Kyong. She owns one of my favorite clothing boutique’s in Salt Lake City, Koo De Ker. She has amazing style and fantastic taste in food. This girl can cook and bake. When I was organizing the Utah Food Bloggers Bake Sale, she generously volunteered to donate cookies. She made these soft ginger cookies with white chocolate chunks. Of course, she packaged the cookies in cute little bags with bright yellow ribbons. I knew they would sell like hot cakes (and they did) so I bought a bag and set it aside for later. That night I opened my cookie bag and sampled the cookies. Swoon! I was in love.
These ginger cookies are the BEST ginger cookies I have ever tasted. That is saying a lot because I love my gingersnap cookie recipe. I will admit it though, these are better. I love that they are soft, a smidge chewy, strong in spices, and dotted with white chocolate chunks. The dust of sugar on the outside also makes these cookies very pretty.
I was first introduced to these special cookies in the spring and I have been waiting months and months to make them for the holidays. They are the perfect holiday cookie. I strongly suggest you preheat your oven and bake a batch of these soft gingersnap cookies today. They will make your house smell amazing and will become a favorite holiday cookie. I know they are permanently on my holiday baking list.
Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup granulated sugar-for coating cookie dough balls
1. Preheat oven to Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment papers or with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in the molasses, canola oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour. Next, stir in the white chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on lined baking sheets, about two inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, the cookies will still be soft. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
If you like these soft gingersnap cookies, you might also like: