Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta
Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta-this colorful pasta dish is easy to make and full of flavor!
I am very pregnant and not in the mood to cook on most days. Luckily, Josh is beyond excited for the baby to come and is bouncing off the walls with energy. He has plenty of energy to cook and has taken over most of the kitchen duties. And just for the record, I am excited for the baby to come too, but an exhausted excited:)
While I was reading a book on the couch, Josh made Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta. He had dinner done in 30 minutes!
Josh didn’t waste any time, he got down to business and started making his pasta dish. For this recipe, Josh used penne pasta, but any pasta will work. Use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
Josh sautéd bell peppers, onions, and Butterball turkey sausage in a large skillet. Josh added crushed red pepper to kick up the heat! He loves spicy food!
He combined the pasta, sausage, and peppers in a large bowl and added grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan cheese. I did get off of the couch to check out his creation and I was impressed! I took a few photos and let Josh enjoy his meal! He devoured his pasta! He is a true Turketarian! And he ate the leftovers for lunch the next day and said it was just as good, maybe even better! Yay for leftovers!
This Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta dish is perfect for busy weeknights or an easy summer meal. You can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time! I bet Josh will be making this pasta dish after the baby comes too! Gotta love a tasty and easy meal!
Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta
You can have this spicy and colorful pasta dish on your dinner table in 30 minutes!
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces Penne pasta (we use whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 package Butterball Turkey Sausage (13 oz), cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion, garlic, peppers, and sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Stir in the onions, peppers, and sausage. Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Butterball, but our opinions are our own. Visit Turketarian.com for special savings and recipe ideas.