Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Bake-quinoa, spinach, artichokes, lots of cheese, and a Parmesan panko topping! This quinoa bake makes a great meal!
First of all, thank you for all of your kind comments and congratulations on our big news! We are excited!
Our Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Bake is taking the world by storm! We have gotten a ton of emails and comments about this recipe and it is getting rave reviews! It is one of our favorite recipes and I am glad you are enjoying it too!
I am sharing another winning quinoa bake recipe today so you can mix things up! You are going to love this Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Bake.
I made this quinoa bake on Sunday and it was a huge hit with the entire family. I made a big pan so my boys could eat the leftovers while I am The Pioneer Woman’s Ranch. I wanted to leave them with a healthy dinner option in the fridge that was easy to heat up so they wouldn’t order pizza every night. I have no idea if they will eat it, but they loved it on Sunday so I have a feeling they will eat it again:) I am hopeful!
I love making quinoa bakes because they are super simple to throw together…and I love the leftovers. I am kind of hoping my boys don’t eat it all so I can have some leftovers when I get home tomorrow:)
Spinach and artichokes are always a good idea. Especially when you add a creamy cheese sauce. I made a cheese sauce with butter, flour, milk, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese. If you like spinach and artichoke dip, I think you will love this quinoa bake. It is similar but totally acceptable for dinner!
I also added feta cheese…and more shredded mozzarella. You can never have too much cheese!
I topped the quinoa bake with a Parmesan panko bread crumb topping. I love the cheesy crust, especially the browned edges.
This Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Bake is full of cheesy deliciousness! I already know it is going to be staple dinner recipe at our house. I hope you enjoy it too!
Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Bake
For the Bake:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 9 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups chopped artichoke hearts We use canned and drained artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Parmesan Panko Topping:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until it shrinks down, about 3 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 4. In a medium saucepan add 3 tablespoons of butter and flour and heat over medium heat. Whisk continuously until a paste forms. Whisk in milk. Increase heat to medium/high and bring to a boil whisking the whole time. Stir in cream cheese and ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, spinach and artichoke mixture, and cheese sauce. Stir well. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with feta cheese.
- 6. To make the topping, combine melted butter, Panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the quinoa bake. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- 7. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil from pan. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa bake top is golden brown and slightly bubbling. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod